Mark Few Talks Hawkeyes

I have a ton of respect for Mark Few, and I totally believe him in the first part of the presser where he says this covid pause for his team has been a disaster and how it’s put them at a huge disadvantage. I would say the same thing if the tables were turned on us.

That said, if we end up winning this thing does that become the national narrative? That we didn’t beat Gonzaga fair and square? That we beat Gonzaga coming off a two week covid shutdown where they couldn’t practice or spend any time in the same room the whole time? Do we not get the respect we should?

Is there a small amount of truth to it unfortunately?

I have a ton of respect for Mark Few, and I totally believe him in the first part of the presser where he says this covid pause for his team has been a disaster and how it’s put them at a huge disadvantage. I would say the same thing if the tables were turned on us.

That said, if we end up winning this thing does that become the national narrative? That we didn’t beat Gonzaga fair and square? That we beat Gonzaga coming off a two week covid shutdown where they couldn’t practice or spend any time in the same room the whole time? Do we not get the respect we should?

Oh I think we'd get credit for beating em. It's the biggest hoops game up till now going. They aren't missing anyone. I'm sure it'll be a good game I look forward to seeing how we match up. I can see it going either way. I just want Garza at his best not getting in early foul trouble. I like our chances

If we beat them, Hawk fans like me will be thrilled and credit the kids with a big win. I could give a crap what the talking heads say.

Bottom line: They play a basketball game against the Hawkeyes

Best team wins

They are at full strength now

Perhaps not in the best condition, but

Dem's Da Breaks

Dems Da Rules GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

It's like everything else...no one will remember this Covid thing in a few months. (said tongue in cheek.)

Gonzaga is a deep, veteran team and has a four star bench...wind and timing isn't going to be as big an issue as Few says. Also, the last time we played Gonzaga...they made us look silly defensively...it was honestly like a layup drill for them. Open looks and layup/dunks. It was not pretty.

I hope Fran has played that tape over and over again this week...and we have answers for the way they attacked our zone...because they blew us out in a big way.

Nobody should buy in to Few's "woe is me, poor boy bullshit". He's got a bit of Hayden Fry in him. I hope the Hawks aren't being sucked in & set up for a whoopin. Few has a tremendous, veteran team with lots of weapons. That's the bottom line here.

Gonzaga is a deep, veteran team and has a four star bench...wind and timing isn't going to be as big an issue as Few says. Also, the last time we played Gonzaga...they made us look silly defensively...it was honestly like a layup drill for them. Open looks and layup/dunks. It was not pretty.

I hope Fran has played that tape over and over again this week...and we have answers for the way they attacked our zone...because they blew us out in a big way.
I’m far from a Zag expert. But their bench has barely played. And they have only averaged about 8 ppg collectively in their first 3 games. Even in their blowout of Auburn their starters played heavy minutes. They basically play 7 guys.

This game is all entertainment anyway, it doesn’t matter who wins the game. It would be nice if Iowa won, it puts a huge stamp of legitimacy on the program, but who wins the second game is most important. If both teams are all that this won’t be the only game played between these 2 schools, there will be a 2nd meeting with a lot more at stake.

I can’t wait until tomorrow. I will only be disappointed if Iowa gets blown out.

Oh I think we'd get credit for beating em. It's the biggest hoops game up till now going. They aren't missing anyone. I'm sure it'll be a good game I look forward to seeing how we match up. I can see it going either way. I just want Garza at his best not getting in early foul trouble. I like our chances
Absolutely, Garza foul trouble is a key and Few will attack the lane relentlessly.

Yeah he's a quality guy and a hell of a coach.

Latest posts