Mark Cuban vs First Take

i compared skip and stephen a smith to herby in another thread. annoying and mostly fluff but you keep watching or reading just to see what happens next.

i compared skip and stephen a smith to herby in another thread. annoying and mostly fluff but you keep watching or reading just to see what happens next.

just don't discount wegher or robinson, right?

just don't discount wegher or robinson, right?

exactly...they did a lot for iowa on the field...off the field they were screw ups. but i think we have had others do similar things and we dont discount them. maybe we just need more time and people will give them their due. obviously they arent all time greats but they did pretty good.

and back on topic...cuban had some great points about media generalizing things. saying a team wanted it more is asinine. i lost games and i know i wanted it just as much as the team that won they just did better that day.

Bayless left Dallas because the folks realized what he was. He has no substance, and believes that since he has a bully pulpit that everything he claims is golden. Cuban exposed him. I am guessing that Bayless was taking his shots at Dallas because he is butthurt from his exit.

Interesting angle. He definitely has a bigger audience now and First Take's ratings are through the roof, largely because of him. The show evolved from a Today Show-like format to a debate show (pi$$ing match). I can't always catch the show but I always listen to the podcast.

exactly...they did a lot for iowa on the field...off the field they were screw ups. but i think we have had others do similar things and we dont discount them. maybe we just need more time and people will give them their due. obviously they arent all time greats but they did pretty good.

and back on topic...cuban had some great points about media generalizing things. saying a team wanted it more is asinine. i lost games and i know i wanted it just as much as the team that won they just did better that day.

i think that it can be said that 'wanting it more' is relevant. Iowa v. Texas in the Alamo Bowl 2006, for example. You don't think one team wanted that win more than another, given the context of their seasons?

NBA finals. One team older, one team younger. You don't think it is possible that one team, with more experience and less time horizon, could want it more than another? I think that is easily plausible.

i think that it can be said that 'wanting it more' is relevant. Iowa v. Texas in the Alamo Bowl 2006, for example. You don't think one team wanted that win more than another, given the context of their seasons?

NBA finals. One team older, one team younger. You don't think it is possible that one team, with more experience and less time horizon, could want it more than another? I think that is easily plausible.

Bad example considering we lost that game.

Now if a team just comes out and looks like they don't care then yeah one team could be said to want it more but I am pretty sure OKC wanted it pretty badly and they didn't lose from not wanting to win bad enough. They were just inexperienced and the Heat played better.

I also love how the talking heads on ESPN etc overreact to each game and the latest thing that happens is always the greatest.

Now if a team just comes out and looks like they don't care then yeah one team could be said to want it more but I am pretty sure OKC wanted it pretty badly and they didn't lose from not wanting to win bad enough. They were just inexperienced and the Heat played better. I also love how the talking heads on ESPN etc overreact to each game and the latest thing that happens is always the greatest.

completely agree. you can tell that a team doesnt care but i didnt see that with okc. they just didnt play well enough.

I love....err hate Skip Bayless. We need contrarirons... we need talking heads that take the opposite view. Without them we have yes people and sheep, men (and women) who never think for themselves and have NO original or creative genes they can express to a family or friends... let alone someone in the general public.

FOREVER... FREE THINKING & SPEECH.. better yet some smart guys like Cuban who make Skip look foolish.

Latest posts