Marcus Dupree

tdia

Just watched ESPN 30/30 tonight. The Marcus Dupree story was one of the most interesting documentaries Ive ever heard of! It seamed there was more to the story than ESPN wanted to show. It looked like he was the most talented running back to touch a football. If he wouldn't have had bad advice, he may have stayed at Oklahoma and broke every college record known to man. One if not two heisman trophy's. Would have made the 85 heisman more interesting!! Any one else watch!?!

i must agree it was an awesome documentary. I have been hooked on the E:60 and 30 for 30 for a while now and am sad that it is over. They are some of the best shows on TV.

the 30 for 30's are absolutely amazing. I wouldn't be shocked if ESPN started a series a year or something b/c of the success.

30 for 30 has been fantastic. 4 Days in October was excellent and I'm not a Red Sox fan. That capped the best 2 year run in baseball for me. The 2003 & 2004 postseasons were pure craziness. It's never been the same.

Tonight's episode was very good yet heartbreaking. Dupree received very poor advice and mad some bad decisions himself.

The episode I really want to see is "Catching Hell" about Steve Bartman. However I read ESPN has pushed back the air date until 2011 and there are even a few whispers if will never even air.

This was an amazing documentary and every college football fan should definitely watch it. Seriously-- watch it.

One of the reasons the 30 for 30s have been so good (with some exceptions) is that ESPN has farmed them out to other filmmakers and stayed fairly hands off until the final stages. It produces voices and stories that are much different than the usual stuff you see on ESPN, which to be honest I'm pretty tired of at this point.

So tdia, I'm glad you posted on this, but I disagree that there was more to the story than ESPN wanted to show. I definitely agree there must be more to the story, but it seemed like it was Dupree himself who didn't want to reveal all the facts. He said a couple of times that he wasn't going to name any names. You don't have to look too far between the lines to figure out how he ended up at Oklahoma, though.

Latest posts