Marble

Is the exhibit contract just what it sounds like? If so I hope he does really well and gets picked up to be a part of the team.

From what I've read, it's basically a non fully guaranteed contract. But if you get cut, you get $50k and a 60 day contract with the teams G League affiliate.

From what I've read, it's basically a non fully guaranteed contract. But if you get cut, you get $50k and a 60 day contract with the teams G League affiliate.

Correct.

https://247sports.com/college/iowa/...etball-Devyn-Marble-Fran-McCaffery-134183988/

Many of those players will sign a contract with an Exhibit 10 clause. Introduced in the NBA’s most recent Collective Bargaining Agreement, Exhibit 10 contracts are one-year deals worth the minimum salary. They don’t come with any compensation protection, but can include an optional bonus ranging from $5K to $50K.

Let’s say an undrafted rookie signs an Exhibit 10 contract with the Knicks that includes a $50K bonus. He attends camp with the Knicks, but is waived before the regular season begins, with New York designating him an affiliate player in order to retain his G League rights. In that scenario, if the rookie elects to play in the G League for the Westchester Knicks and remains with the club for 60 days, he’d be entitled to his full $50K bonus.

I'm kinda surprised Aaron White hasn't been given a chance like this. I don't know all the rules but I'm pretty sure the wizards still own his rights

I'm kinda surprised Aaron White hasn't been given a chance like this. I don't know all the rules but I'm pretty sure the wizards still own his rights

I agree. The only think that makes sense to me is that White is making more money overseas and doesn't want to make less for a year or so to just play in the G League.

I believe Aaron's NBA rights were traded to Brooklyn this summer. I don't fully understand what that means but my guess is that only Brooklyn can sign him to a deal at this point. I'm also pretty certain he's making more playing overseas than he would in the G League.

Good for Marble though, we'll see if he gets another crack on stepping on an NBA court. I think there were a few players that signed exhibit 10 contracts last year that ended up suiting up for an NBA game.