Marble Draft Update

HawksFan4Life

Source: www.bigplayz.com/nba

28)

San Antonio Spurs – Devyn Marble – PG/SG/SF, Iowa

Devyn Marble is one of the few players in the draft that has experience playing three positions for their college team. He is a versatile player that has proven he can take the ball to the hoop, or knock down shots from the outside. He has also been impressive on the defensive side ball averaging two steals per game. Marbles mold, physique, and ball skills scream San Antonio Spurs. There have been a few occasions this season where he has disappeared for a half or two, but has usually responded with a big performance. Leonard, Marble, and Duncan as a tandem could shut down a lot of teams with their length and skill. Leave it up to Coach Popovich to find a sleeper player in a “loaded” draft.

I don't really buy it, but wouldn't that be something. Marble isn't even in the top 2 rounds of the mock drafts by either guy at CBS that Ive seen

hell, if Royce White can get drafted anyone can!

that said, i would be shocked if Dev got drafted anywhere except the later part of the second round.

I don't really buy it, but wouldn't that be something. Marble isn't even in the top 2 rounds of the mock drafts by either guy at CBS that Ive seen
This must have been important to you, as you have now posted for th 18th time in over 4 years. Welcome back? ESPN shows Iowa more love than CBS, and we all know how much that is. Some people who don't have him in their mock draft also think that he plays for the Iowa Cyclones in the potato state. He will get drafted and get a shot. At LEAST a D-league shot to prove himself.

that said, i would be shocked if Dev got drafted anywhere except the later part of the second round.
I wish I could give you a half of a like Meat. I think with a tourney run for the team, which should inevitably be a good showing for RDM, he does have a chance to be in the 25-35 pick range, not 58 or so.

I wish I could give you a half of a like Meat. I think with a tourney run for the team, which should inevitably be a good showing for RDM, he does have a chance to be in the 25-35 pick range, not 58 or so.

i'll mentally add it to my "like" count. yes, if he has a great BTT or NCAA run, he'll definitely move up. but as for now he's just not consistent enough to get up in that range.

DraftExpress, a legitimate website that has been affiliated with Yahoo and NBA.com, has rated Marble as a top 10 senior and projects him as a mid-second rounder. However, for those that aren't aware, most mocks are incredibly hit-or-miss outside of the top 20 picks or so, even late in the draft process. Each year, there are players who go undrafted despite being projected as late-first round players as late as the draft day.

This must have been important to you, as you have now posted for th 18th time in over 4 years. Welcome back? ESPN shows Iowa more love than CBS, and we all know how much that is. Some people who don't have him in their mock draft also think that he plays for the Iowa Cyclones in the potato state. He will get drafted and get a shot. At LEAST a D-league shot to prove himself.

I never went anywhere I just don't care to post as much as someone like you, which is something like 500 times in 150 days. Do you want an apology because I joined 3 years before you? Guess I don't get your point there...

Don't get me wrong, I love Roy Devyn and think he could do great things at the next level, but I don't think he's a first round draft pick, and most professionals who study these things (outside of whatever bigplayz.com is) would agree with me. This years draft class is completely loaded with talent. Heck, you can name at least 2 guards in the big ten alone that NBA teams will draft over Marble...and 2 is probably being generous. I'm just being a realist over an optimist. He'll get his chance.

If memory serves, White got most of the attention after 1 game against Kentucky in the tournament.

It's not a stretch to think if Iowa and Marble get on a good run in the tourney, that he will get similar notice.

On a serious note I think Dev has 30% chance of sticking on a roster/getting drafted. Judging by his love of money he will do the d league for a year before he goes overseas and makes paper.

If he gets drafted, the Spurs would be the ideal landing spot for him.
Agreed. That said, the OP cites a projection for the NBA draft. It assumes that RDM will play himself into a draft position with the remainder of this season and so Iowa must have an impressive finish to 2013-14 for him to get there. That starts this Saturday.

If he gets drafted, the Spurs would be the ideal landing spot for him.

Agreed, the Spurs are one of the smartest ie most successful teams at drafting players outside of the lottery.

Parker, Ginobili, Udrih, Splitter, Hill, Blair, De Colo, and Joseph have all contributed to their success.

Salmons, Scola, Barbosa and Dragic were all drafted by the Spurs but never played for them.

Latest posts