Marble best player on the court yesterday

Listened to the postgame and heard FM say that for that game, Marble was the best player on the floor. Initially I didn't think much of it, but upon further reflection, wholeheartedly agree with the statement and not purely from a biased perspective. Marble did what great players do and let the game come to him. He played within himself from start to finish and accepted the challenge of matching up against Craft. Sunday's performance was a testament to how hard Marble has worked since arriving on campus. A case could be made that Marble, more than any other player in recent history, has had the greatest impact on rebuilding the program. I think a case could also be made that White was the second best player on the court yesterday. Thinking back to all the beatings and slam dunk competitions that OSU has bestowed upon us in recent years, it was certainly a sweet victory yesterday.

Changed my tune? Show me one thread I have ever posted critical of Marble or White? Seriously, does WindsorHawk have 20 aliases or are there really that many people in here who cannot engage in a discussion, debate, whatever, about Iowa basketball. I am trying to think of how bored I would have to be go on a message board just to rip people. Hmmm....maybe if I only got the Euro Soccer League channel I might be tempted.

Changed my tune? Show me one thread I have ever posted critical of Marble or White? Seriously, does WindsorHawk have 20 aliases or are there really that many people in here who cannot engage in a discussion, debate, whatever, about Iowa basketball. I am trying to think of how bored I would have to be go on a message board just to rip people. Hmmm....maybe if I only got the Euro Soccer League channel I might be tempted.

Now that's ironic.

can not disagree with that, Marble was easily the best player yesterday. I have not watched OSU play this year, looks like they are overrated

No, Winsor does not have multiple aliases you just have ticked that many people off with your negative threads. You say you have not been critical of Marble and White yet you have threads where you have ripped on the entire team and coaches. To me this thread reeks of you just trying to cover it up, people would respect you more if you just said "I made a mistake" or "I over reacted to a loss". There are good people on this board, and we love to forgive and forget, but it is going to take more than 1 thread praising Marble to do it.

No, Winsor does not have multiple aliases you just have ticked that many people off with your negative threads. You say you have not been critical of Marble and White yet you have threads where you have ripped on the entire team and coaches. To me this thread reeks of you just trying to cover it up, people would respect you more if you just said "I made a mistake" or "I over reacted to a loss". There are good people on this board, and we love to forgive and forget, but it is going to take more than 1 thread praising Marble to do it.

Well said.

Listened to the postgame and heard FM say that for that game, Marble was the best player on the floor. Initially I didn't think much of it, but upon further reflection, wholeheartedly agree with the statement and not purely from a biased perspective. Marble did what great players do and let the game come to him. He played within himself from start to finish and accepted the challenge of matching up against Craft. Sunday's performance was a testament to how hard Marble has worked since arriving on campus. A case could be made that Marble, more than any other player in recent history, has had the greatest impact on rebuilding the program. I think a case could also be made that White was the second best player on the court yesterday. Thinking back to all the beatings and slam dunk competitions that OSU has bestowed upon us in recent years, it was certainly a sweet victory yesterday.
I still believe Devyn's game is best suited with Mike running the point. He is able to run the curl cuts and he is so good in that part of the offense.

Word.

Marble was best at hitting a complete variety of shots, making steals and assists, and playing defense.

Do doubt best on Sunday and he could probably get more boards if he wanted to.

can not disagree with that, Marble was easily the best player yesterday. I have not watched OSU play this year, looks like they are overrated

They are a bit overrated but definitely capable of beating anyone in the country as well.

They had by far the two best defensive stretches Ive seen all year, coming back from 8 down with a minute left to beat Notre Dame and the really impressive one coming back from 17 down in the second half in east Lansing to force OT.

They are a good team. Iowa is just a very good team who really should be undefeated and in the top ten.

See "This is Not a Tourney Team...Guard Play Stinks"

meh....cut Ted some slack. It is a two way street, if we just bash him for a positive post, maybe we stop him from posting more of them??

I say good points Ted. Keep posting what you think, but both positive as well as your usual negative....people will warm up to ya! :D

At the beginning of the season I said marble would be lucky to get a shot at the d-league. He has improved his game, and I think it might translate to the NBA. Pleasant surprise.

At the beginning of the season I said marble would be lucky to get a shot at the d-league. He has improved his game, and I think it might translate to the NBA. Pleasant surprise.

I have been wondering this myself lately. I wonder if this is why he has been posting up more, to show the scouts that is part of his game. I have always said the only way Marble could get to the next level was if he could run the point but now I wonder if he can't make it as a small forward.

The thread is about Marble being the best player on the court on Sunday and what a departure that is from watching OSU steamroll us with 3 NBA ready players. Instead it was Marble and White (for that game) that stole the show. Both could shoot 3-20 against Minnesota and we could lose, but that does not change what happened on Sunday. This does not change my opinion about our guard play being questionable against better teams. Clemmons has struggled and until OSU, Gesell had not played what I would consider a good game against a legit team. Our best option for late game situations is Marble at point, Gesell at 2, Uthoff at 3, White at 4 and Basabe at 5. That unit has enough scorers to keep teams from trapping the ball out of Marble's hands. It was also nice to see Oglesby use the shot fake to draw defenders and kick it out. If Iowa can get some points our Oglesby and / or McCabe, it adds a different dynamic to the offense.

Latest posts