Makes me sick

HawkForce

I am so sick of people complaining...about this or that or coker....good lord were still in division race. Let the games play out....cant we just be happy with a blowout for homecoming? (we shut down the offense....could have hung 70 on IU yesterday.)

agreed, IMO we have a good shot at every game left, may only win a few by 3 points, but a wins a win. I also think this offense has not shown us everything

agreed, IMO we have a good shot at every game left, may only win a few by 3 points, but a wins a win. I also think this offense has not shown us everything

Well if we have a shot at every game left, mentioning the fact that you think the Iowa's offense has not shown us everything, is kinda funny to me. Offense has for the most part done there job this year.

My Question would be: Do you feel comfortable with what the Defense has done to date?? Come to think about it, but Michigan (Robinson), MSU (Cousins) and Nebraska (T-Mart) thought's kinda do make me sick.

Simple solution for ya. Start a thread about rainbows and unicorns and read only that.
This is a message board. People have differering opinions on the state of Hawkeye athletics. Without it, this board doesn't exist.

The Hawks will be no pushover in Kinnick. Would not suprise me in the least bit to come outta there with wins against Um, MSU. They will be shootouts, as our young and banged up front seven on D will struggle, but like our chances at home with our offense. We won't talk about the road games. LOL

My pet peeve is that people keep calling the defense bad. They aren't bad, they're average. Otherwise I don't care about complaining. It's all part of analyzing the game which gets us to the next one.

My pet peeve is that people keep calling the defense bad. They aren't bad, they're average. Otherwise I don't care about complaining. It's all part of analyzing the game which gets us to the next one.

I agree. Pointing out mistakes (even after wins) is part of watching a season unfold. That said, every team has its ups and downs, and just because this year's defense is giving up more than the ~300ypg and ~15ppg that we've grown to expect, it doesn't mean they're bad or that they'll automatically give up 40+ pts to our tougher opponents down the stretch.

If you look at the board today and think "You'd think we lost yesterday," then you aren't around here that often, and certainly not after the Hawks lose.

I haven't even really seen that much complaining since we beat Northwestern. There's a difference between complaining/criticizing and critiquing.

You are right and the thread I made was not about them being horrible. I had to explain to my wife yesterday, why, and the reason is, we have become used to having a stout D. Seeing such a big drop off is hard to deal with and understand. Thats why everyone is up in arms about the D.

If you want to use the word average then let's say Below average, because the Iowa Defense is not average. I would take average in a heartbeat..:)

Big Ten Stats-

9th in Rush Defense
11th in Pass Defense

Iowa is also 9th in total Defense allowing 434 yards per game.

If you want to use the word average then let's say Below average, because the Iowa Defense is not average. I would take average in a heartbeat..:)

Big Ten Stats-

9th in Rush Defense
11th in Pass Defense

Iowa is also 9th in total Defense allowing 434 yards per game.

Most important Stat...

7th in scoring defense.

As I am not happy with this....sounds pretty average to me...

I'd say below average for the Big Ten, better than average in the NCAA and maybe between BCS schools. Iowa lets opponents have their yards, almost intentionally so I don't get too upset over yards given up. I look more at ppg.

Latest posts