Luka Happ-Garza

Some fatigue I suspect. But he does have to get to the mid seventies for the season...meaning an 80% plus stretch.

It's unfortunate he's struggling at the line this year. Maybe cost us a win there and has probably cost him 20 points already.

Oddly I think he's a 70% FT shooter over his career. But his season has not been as good.

Just think...with two additional stoppages in play to rest, he might have made a few more of those. But nah...time outs don't matter.

It doesn’t make sense to me. He can shoot mid range can shoot 3s. He shot 80% last year. I think at this point it is mental and likely a little bit fatigue from how hard he plays.

It doesn’t make sense to me. He can shoot mid range can shoot 3s. He shot 80% last year. I think at this point it is mental and likely a little bit fatigue from how hard he plays.
I remember an announce saying one of the first games of the year that he has really been struggling with free throws leading up to the start of the season. Maybe he got so much stronger he lost his feel. More than likely he just lost confidence and it snow balled tho. Hopefully he doesnt get "Eric Snow" bad.

It wasn’t fatigue today. Hawks were 10-14 FT at half time — all misses by Garza. He has been off a little all season; this was a valley.

Hawks would not have been in the game without his play today but FTs hurt

I remember an announce saying one of the first games of the year that he has really been struggling with free throws leading up to the start of the season. Maybe he got so much stronger he lost his feel. More than likely he just lost confidence and it snow balled tho. Hopefully he doesnt get "Eric Snow" bad.
There’s only so many minutes in a day and by the looks of it he practiced a lot on his block moves/shooting.

Luka's free throw improvement is obvious, but one other I would like to see him improve on even more is his consistent need to one bounce/dribble the ball when he catches it down low in the post. He needs to hold the ball up high, survey the court and then make his move. By putting the ball on the ground like he does, he allows the smaller players to strip the ball. It will also allow him see the defenders collapsing down on him, and allow him to hit the open man.

I expressed concern over a month ago about his, and the team's free throw shooting. As much as he's going to get hacked he needs to get north of 70% or it's going to cost us more games.

Latest posts