Lucy Olsen on tv tonight, Friday

Zstatman

I read where the 3x3 team that Lucy Olsen is playing on, her name was listed as being part of the roster, is playing the Olympic team tonight in Phoenix as part of the WNBA All-Star weekend activities.

The 3-point contest, which CC is not a part of will also be played.

The broadcast is on ESPN starting at 8 PM central time. Not sure what time the 3x3 game starts.

I'd never seen 3x3 basketball before. As the announceers said, it is fast paced. Lucy didn't set the world on fire but held her own. The coach mentioned her name as one of the good players on the U23 team They lost but gave the Olympic team a good game.

Interestingly, the U23 team is leaving today, Saturday, for Mexico City where they are playing in their own tournament of some kind. Sounds like a great experience.

Also, interestingly, the 3x3 Olympic coach, who is also involved with the U23 team, is also the president of the Connecticut Sun WNBA team and the head of the Olympic team selection committee, that didn't ick CC for the team.

It's got to be good for the Iowa women's program to be mentioned when talking about Lucy. And, then you have CC sitting their courtside.

I wonder what Hawks are in the stands? I'm sure there are some.

Lucy made a nice three but only received credit for 2

Damn, it was interesting and fun to watch the 3X3, but now I know why Catilin wanted to play in the WNBA

Lucy made a nice three but only received credit for 2

Damn, it was interesting and fun to watch the 3X3, but now I know why Catilin wanted to play in the WNBA
In 3x3 baskets are worth 1 point and 3 pointers are worth 2 so it was actually worth more than normal relatively.

Latest posts