LSU yesterday, Alabama today, Iowa?

jeberhardt

I watched Iowa play one of the most depressing games of my life yesterday, and then watched LSU v Arkansas and am watching Alabama today. LSU and Alabama are arguably the two best teams in college football right now. The level of intensity, skill and fire they play with are a foreign concept to me as an Iowa fan. I realize Iowa will never have the talent level as these big programs which I am reminded of again and again in this forum, because we are just little ol' Iowa who was horrible in the 70's blah, blah, blah.

My question is simply, does anyone feel like they are watching a whole different game when watching the top SEC schools? Iowa's best teams..'09, '02 whatever, seem like they still would have been beat by 30 to a team like 2011 LSU. Obviously I'm extremely depressed by this year.

Yes. A completely differnet game. There are 4 or 5 different teams that rotate in and out of the top 15 every year, there is the SEC and then there is everyone else.

Nebraska's athletes yesterday weren't much better, if at all, than ours. You should be depressed. Anyone can beat anyone, and if Nebraska is marginal, and can go 9-3 in a marginal year, we should expect not much less.

Although, several now will try to tell me I'm wrong.

The '09 team in particular would not have lost by 30 to either 'Bama or LSU this year. In fact, depending on the day, I'm not sure the '08 team would, either (the defense was even better in '08).

Those two teams kept games low-scoring with terrific defense. We might not have won, but the games would have been fairly close, simply because of our defense in those years.

Latest posts