Lose to the Gofers...Hawks go Oh-fer??

HawksMN

As the title says....anyone think we lose to the worst team remaining on our schedule, we drop the rest?

even if we lost the remaining games, Kirk will be the head coach next year, and we Iowa fans will have to live and suffer again next season.

I don't want to see 4-8. That would be devastating and you know they won't get rid of anyone. 6-6 is the best we can hope for.

I don't want to see 4-8. That would be devastating and you know they won't get rid of anyone. 6-6 is the best we can hope for.
How much difference is there between 4-8 and 6-6, though? Maybe they get to get pummeled in some shitty, bottom-of-the-barrel bowl game?

They won't lose to Minny at home....unless they have packed it in. Iowa likely gets 6 or 7 wins before bowl game.

Minn and Purdue are toss ups and by that I mean we win one lose one. Doesn’t matter which. So 5-7 is the mark. Book it.

For the people who want us to tank, keep in mind that even if the donors cleaned house of this staff (which will never happen), there aren’t any willing and competent coaches out there who would come to Iowa. You do that and all of a sudden we’re playing musical coaches like Nebraska. Not a good look and it won’t help things.

This is my first post here, so bear with me, but I have never been so frustrated with the offensive ineptitude as I was during the Wildcats game. If this is what to expect from this point on, then I don't see us winning another game. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, (like I am most of the time...) but, unless the offense opens up in a big way, I will be popping more Pepto-Bismol next week and praying for Minny to screw up late in the game and give us a chance.

there aren’t any willing and competent coaches out there who would come to Iowa.

That is a pretty lame statement to make. Hayden Fry and Ferentz have been the only two coaches here for about 40 years. So Iowa can be a stable job. Those two coaches have 5 Big championships in about 40 years so that is a 1 every 8 year ratio which is better than the ratio of total teams in the league. That 2015 12-0 record didn't even count as a championship but normally would have been one.

So really good coaches can win here as Fry and Kirk have proved. Where is Scott Frost from, Illinois, Big 10 country, so maybe he would want to come back to a P5 conf.

What other good coaches are out there.

That is a pretty lame statement to make. Hayden Fry and Ferentz have been the only two coaches here for about 40 years. So Iowa can be a stable job. Those two coaches have 5 Big championships in about 40 years so that is a 1 every 8 year ratio which is better than the ratio of total teams in the league. That 2015 12-0 record didn't even count as a championship but normally would have been one.

So really good coaches can win here as Fry and Kirk have proved. Where is Scott Frost from, Illinois, Big 10 country, so maybe he would want to come back to a P5 conf.

The point is moot either way. Ferentz isn’t going anywhere and Brian will be his long-term replacement.

Scott Frost from Illinois? You're not serious right?

Latest posts