Looking NITish again

HaydenHawk56

This team has some heart, but are running low on bodies and energy. The Big Ten is a meat grinder. Going to be tough to get on the right side of the bubble.

Bohannon was HUGE Loss it’s just to bad. This team had swag and Chemistry with him on the court. NIT a might even be tough to accomplish.l

The Penn State loss was an absolute killer. To give that game away like we did. Nothing is given in this league as you saw tonight.

And the worse part was the game was played with ridiculous floor conditions that put every player at unnecessary risk of injury.

I think you guys are off on how big the loss of CJ is, with what's left on the team. This team had one 3pt shooter to go up against a defense with four in the paint.

Garza will be able to make double teams pay when Iowa gets a shooter back.

It'd be a challenge to go 8-8 the rest of the way, yet 18-12 would be pretty impressive given injuries this year. I want to see Tousiant grow and Garza dominate. Get more than one upset victory and they have a chance to hope for post season.

12% from 3. 4th ranked 3 point shooter in the B1G went 1 for 10.

Always a long shot for the Dance, losing JBo, recently CJF, and Nunge(depth).... it just isn't in the cards...

We won't even make the NIT. We just lost to fucking Nebraska and their group of walk-on caliber players no other school wanted. No excuse for this loss.

Last edited:
We won't even make the NIT. This team has no heart. We just lost to fucking Nebraska and their group of walk-on caliber players no other school wanted. Teams with heart don't lose to fucking Nebraska.

Whoa now. Its pretty obvious this squad has heart. Not much bench talent, but I dont think effort or heart has anything to do with it.

We outrebounded them, more points in the paint, not bad with turnovers.

4-33 shooting, yeah.....

We won't even make the NIT. This team has no heart. We just lost to fucking Nebraska and their group of walk-on caliber players no other school wanted. Teams with heart don't lose to fucking Nebraska.

And to lose to them this year is bad because they’ll get better every year making it much more difficult to win at Nebraska. Fran is something like 1-7 at Nebraska. Missed opportunities - slogan for Iowa basketball past decade.

Hey, are tickets and gear 50% off because of injuries?

No? Then I don't care. Shut up and win.

Amen! Fans online and social media bitching and whining about all the injuries need to give it a rest. No one outside of Iowa City gives a crap when they lose or pats them on the back when they win. All the same and doesn’t matter when it comes to March. Just wins and losses.

That game cost us 2 games. It was 90% of the reason we lost tonight was was 90% of the reason Penn State lost tonight.

I think you might be sleeping on Rutgers they are better than what you think. There is a good chance Penn St. was going to lose at Rutgers regardless of what happened Saturday.

I think you might be sleeping on Rutgers they are better than what you think. There is a good chance Penn St. was going to lose at Rutgers regardless of what happened Saturday.

I agree that there was at least a decent chance they lose. But having no legs because you kicked your own ass 3 days ago is a big deal. Even if it makes the whole team only play at 90%, it's hard to beat other scholarship players on their floor playing 100%. It's just a quick turn around for a second road game in a row. Add to it the heat, CJ being out, and Connor dealing with the flu and it was too much to put up a good effort. It sucks bad but hopefully we will catch some other teams in the same situation.

This team will improve every game, attrition is opportunity for guys to play. Joe T up to the end was playing at a high level, his off season will be all about working on his shot. Garza just needs to get the ball, Wieze is realizing he needs to drive and shoot. Let's be honest, this team's ceiling is probably the NIT because our bench are now our starters. 3 starters hurt, two left, and one coming off the flu, plus cross crossing the country. This team will have it's ups and downs. I'm along for the ride this year with minimal expectations. All the work this year is for next year.

Latest posts