Looking ahead: Iowa vs Oregon

I

Ian Pike Hammer

your take, information on Ducks roster and talent and finally yr prediction on the final score

They have rebounding extraordinaire Michael Cage's son and NFL WR Victor Bailey's son on the roster. My guess is that Cage will get the rebound, throw it down court to Bailey on the fast break and try to beat us that way. In addition, we'll finally get to see if we made the right decision between Barta's guy Fran, or many of the fan's guy Dana Altman.

I predict we lose 84-78.

They have rebounding extraordinaire Michael Cage's son and NFL WR Victor Bailey's son on the roster. My guess is that Cage will get the rebound, throw it down court to Bailey on the fast break and try to beat us that way. In addition, we'll finally get to see if we made the right decision between Barta's guy Fran, or many of the fan's guy Dana Altman.

I predict we lose 84-78.

I thought I saw where the 7' son of former NBA player Manute Bol, Bol Bol, signed with them. Though he is a freshman with no college experience, he could be a shot blocker under the hoop.

I thought I saw where the 7' son of former NBA player Manute Bol, Bol Bol, signed with them. Though he is a freshman with no college experience, he could be a shot blocker under the hoop.

Will defer my own prediction 'til I know more about them

I predict we lose 84-78.
Fran and Dana met in 2012 NIT. Matt Gatens last game. Whipped us 108-97.

Remember that funky court Oregon had, and still has? I wouldn't even call that psychodelic. It looks like a post nuclear attack scene from "The Day After"

Last edited:

Remember that funky court Oregon had, and still has? I wouldn't even call that psychodelic. It looks like a post nuclear attack scene from "The Day After"

Now that you bring it up, I recall their court. Looks half finished.

Difficult to forget that court. Looks like they are playing outdoors in the sunshine with shadows of pine trees on the ground.....

mania-done-492e57b5e805e06e184143504c55246b_20151117152510_rjoxvkbg.jpg

Has to be disorienting for the opposition.....

:cool:

Perhaps a mild psychedelic. a casual trip thru the woods.....

Difficult to forget that court. Looks like they are playing outdoors in the sunshine with shadows of pine trees on the ground.....

mania-done-492e57b5e805e06e184143504c55246b_20151117152510_rjoxvkbg.jpg

Has to be disorienting for the opposition.....

Steve Alford has said that, as a player, he found Carver Hawkeye tough to shoot in because the lighting was bright behind the baskets.

I'm not sure about that but he was a much better player and shooter than me in my wildest dreams.

Lou Henson once hinted that Davis made the arena unusually warm to wear down visiting teams.

Interesting, because the arena is below ground level.

Steve Alford has said that, as a player, he found Carver Hawkeye tough to shoot in because the lighting was bright behind the baskets.

I'm not sure about that but he was a much better player and shooter than me in my wildest dreams.

Lou Henson once hinted that Davis made the arena unusually warm to wear down visiting teams.

Interesting, because the arena is below ground level.

Well duh, everyone knows the cold air rises and hot air sinks to the lowest level. :cool: Ok, that was my ISU fan impression. :D

Well duh, everyone knows the cold air rises and hot air sinks to the lowest level. :cool: Ok, that was my ISU fan impression. :D
One of the reasons Alford may have found Carver Hawkeye tough to shoot in is because Andre Banks was usually right in his grill.

Andre was 6'4", quick, and had long arms. He was a tough matchup for many point guards and shooting guards. Similiar to Illinois Bruce Douglas or Purdue's Troy Lewis, to name two of his contemporaries.

That floor is gawdawful when watching on TV. If you're playing, you should have your head up and not even notice the floor, tbh.

One of the reasons Alford may have found Carver Hawkeye tough to shoot in is because Andre Banks was usually right in his grill.

Andre was 6'4", quick, and had long arms. He was a tough matchup for many point guards and shooting guards. Similiar to Illinois Bruce Douglas or Purdue's Troy Lewis, to name two of his contemporaries.

That reminds me of the time when me and my best friend decided to drive over to Iowa City just to shoot baskets in the old field house. They would open it up to the public on Saturdays and let people just come in and shoot basketballs. Well we get to shooting around and who comes out and starts shooting around on the basket court right next to us but Andre Banks. He wasn’t there but a few minutes due to probably us clanging too many off of the rim. He probably left out of fear for his life or personal injury. I made it a point to tell everyone that our basketball skill level was at a point that we ran Andre Banks off the court. :D