Listning to Jon's show on kxno

keokuk1

I was thinking about other ways to get ND to join without blowing up the entire college sports world. First off is it worth it? Is one school so impotent that its worth doing all of this? It’s not like the Big 10 couldn’t put pressure on ND in other ways like making a deal with the Big east to get them to drop ND then stop playing them and then lastly push them out of the BCS by negotiating a deal with the Bigger conferences that leaves them out. I know that everyone, ok mostly ND fans would be stomping their feet saying how unfair it was, but is what’s going on now fair. Is throwing ISU, Kansas, and K-St not to mention others under the bus fair just to get ND to join the Big 10? Everyone keeps blaming NU and Texas for all of this, but if we really look at this, isn’t it really the Big 10, and ND’s fault? The Big 10’s obsession with ND and ND’s stubbornness is what has led to this. The Big 10 did all of this just so they wouldn’t look like the bad guys, but it’s kind of hard not to notice the big elephant in the room. I do feel that it is more ND’s fault than the Big 10’s, but still did the Big 10 really have to go there. So what if the Big 10 can’t squeeze ND enough to get them to join. In the end I feel it just wasn’t worth all of this just to get one school that has said over and over again I DON’T WANT YOU. If ND was the Big 10’s girlfriend the Big 10 would be sitting in jail right now for stalking and/or sexual harassment.

Tell Notre Dame that they no longer will play Michigan, MSU and Purdue. Have them find someone else to put on their schedule

I think the Big Ten will have to agree to ND demands to get them. I hope they do not get any special treatment. They will want to run things if they get in. I do not want them.

I think the Big Ten will have to agree to ND demands to get them. I hope they do not get any special treatment. They will want to run things if they get in. I do not want them.

I would rather see Missouri and Rutgers get in. Have a 14 team conference and let ND take care of themselves. The Big Ten will do just fine without ND.

I was thinking about other ways to get ND to join without blowing up the entire college sports world. First off is it worth it? Is one school so impotent that its worth doing all of this? It’s not like the Big 10 couldn’t put pressure on ND in other ways like making a deal with the Big east to get them to drop ND then stop playing them and then lastly push them out of the BCS by negotiating a deal with the Bigger conferences that leaves them out. I know that everyone, ok mostly ND fans would be stomping their feet saying how unfair it was, but is what’s going on now fair. Is throwing ISU, Kansas, and K-St not to mention others under the bus fair just to get ND to join the Big 10? Everyone keeps blaming NU and Texas for all of this, but if we really look at this, isn’t it really the Big 10, and ND’s fault? The Big 10’s obsession with ND and ND’s stubbornness is what has led to this. The Big 10 did all of this just so they wouldn’t look like the bad guys, but it’s kind of hard not to notice the big elephant in the room. I do feel that it is more ND’s fault than the Big 10’s, but still did the Big 10 really have to go there. So what if the Big 10 can’t squeeze ND enough to get them to join. In the end I feel it just wasn’t worth all of this just to get one school that has said over and over again I DON’T WANT YOU. If ND was the Big 10’s girlfriend the Big 10 would be sitting in jail right now for stalking and/or sexual harassment.

So you really want to give the majority of the blame to Notre Dame because they want to stay independant? Since when is it required that they join the Big Ten.

The only demand the Big 10 should be willing to give up for Notre Dame is that ND wouldn't have to be in the AAU. unless it was maybe something like "every year the Big 10 sends them a 6 pack and a couple of steaks"

The only way to get ND into a conference without blowing up the rest of college football would be for a revamped BCS system that would not allow for rules that apply only to ND that there currently are.

The only way to get ND into a conference without blowing up the rest of college football would be for a revamped BCS system that would not allow for rules that apply only to ND that there currently are.

or, to allow them in Tonight, and tell Nebraska to go **** themselves......

This is the correct answer.

I can kinda see and accept that we would let ND keep their current NBC contract in tact. But the BS rules from the BCS that are tailor made for ND need to go away.

The thing I don’t understand is why the Big 10 doesn’t put pressure on ND in other ways. You don’t have to tear apart the entire college world to put pressure on them. The Big 10’s approach towards ND has been all caret and no stick. For whatever reason the Big 10 has been unwilling to apply a little pain to ND for there out right slaps to the face. For some reason the Big 10 has chosen the nuclear option before even trying less drastic measures to convince ND to join. The measures I mentioned above would be a very good start. If that didn’t work then go for broke.

Latest posts