Lisa Bluder finalist for national coach of the year.

ClintonIAfan

Iowa head coach Lisa Bluder is one of the final 15 candidates for the Naismith national coach of the year award. She would have my vote for sure. Her team has had a great season, on Sunday they will complete the season with an undefeated home record.

Great nomination for her. She has done a great job overall and really great lately. I hope the hawk women can bring in a championship as they deserve it. Nice to have some positive news.

Let’s get a big crowd to support the team on Sunday. Iowa will also likely host the first 2 rounds of the NCAA tournament so there will be a few more chances to see them play.

Senior day on Sunday! Will be saying goodbye to Megan, Tania and Hannah. 3 great seniors need a great send off for their last regular season home game. Those 4 years flew by! If the Hawks would of won the B1G Lisa might of had a decent chance at the title but it'll probably go to Wes Moore coach of N. Carolina St. Would really like to see Lisa win it!

UI Release from Today:

IOWA CITY, Iowa – University of Iowa head coach Lisa Bluder has been named one of 10 semifinalists for the 2019 Werner Ladder Naismith Women’s Basketball College Coach of the Year award, the Atlanta Tipoff Club announced Tuesday.

Bluder led the Hawkeyes to their first Big Ten Tournament Title since 2001 on Sunday. Iowa owns an overall record of 26-6 – its highest win total since 2014-15. In 19 years at the helm, Bluder has led Iowa to 12, 20-win seasons. The Hawkeyes have won 20 or more games in 10 of the last 12 years.

Iowa is ranked No. 8 in the AP Poll, marking the highest ranking for the program since 1996. The Hawkeyes rank in the top-13 nationally in seven statistical categories. Iowa leads the country in field goal percentage (51.9), and ranks second in assists (702) and assists per game (21.9), fourth in assist/turnover ratio (1.61), seventh in free throw percentage (77.7), and 13th in scoring offense (79.8) and fewest fouls per game (13.9).

Bluder has guided senior center Megan Gustafson to nationally prominence. The Player of the Year candidate ranks in the top-4 nationally in eight categories. She leads the country in field goal percentage (69.6), points per game (28.0), total points (897), and field goals made (369), ranks second in double-doubles (30) and defensive rebounds per game (10), third in total rebounds (424), and fourth in rebounds per game (13.3).

The candidates will be narrowed to four finalists on March 21.

The NCAA Women’s Basketball Selection Show airs Monday, March 18 at 6 p.m. (CT) on ESPN.

2019 Naismith Coach of the Year Candidates

Geno Auriemma, UConn

Lisa Bluder, Iowa

Amanda Butler, Clemson

Kelly Graves, Oregon

Carolyn Kieger, Marquette

Muffet McGraw, Notre Dame

Wes Moore, NC State

Kim Mulkey, Baylor

Vic Schaefer, Mississippi State

Jeff Walz, Louisville

I couldn't help myself and sent a congratulatory email to Coach Bluder Sunday night. Late Monday, I got a nice response. She's a class act and a great coach.

please tell us that it wasn't you in that thong bikini bottom photo you love so much?!??!

Qv4gIlK.png

Latest posts