Lindy's: Iowa 10th, Wisconsin 6th

Wisconsin will be one of those teams that at the end of the season people will be amazed was ever ranked that high. Preseason polls are a joke but its fun to see Iowa in the top 10.

I like our defense against any offense

Wisconsin's defense is going to be mediocre. The secondary is suspect and they will have to replace the sacks that Scoffield took with him.
I expect Clay to have another injury filled season. Its hard to carry 270 lbs around on bad ankles. Tolzien doesnt scare me.
I like our defense against their offense.

Look at it this way, when Iowa kicks the living
S!#t out of wisky, we will gain that much more in votes and rpi and sos

AGAIN pre season means nothing Wisconsin has a great program just like Iowa and we have proven we can be UW on the field that is all that matters not pre season hype

There will be many quality teams in the Big Ten (just like last year) and wisconsin and Ohio State will be two of them. The good news is, unlike last year, we have both of those teams at home!

All of our Big Ten games will be tough; remember last year?

1. Trailed Penn State 10-0
2. Trailed Wisky 10-0
3. Trailed Mich State 13-9 late
4. Beat Michigan by 2 points (hardly a beatdown)
5. Trailed Indiana 21-7
6. Lost to NW
7. Lost to Ohio State in OT
8. Beat Minnesota but a close game

We were 6-2; we could have been 8-0; but heck, we could have been 2-6!!!

The margin of error for Iowa is always paper thin

What a crock of ****. Iowa won a BCS game against a team that beat the same Miami team that Wiscy beat plus we had a better record and our defense will still overshadow theirs. Guess we just have to prove it on the field...again...

I think the preseason polls are justified. Wisconsin has about everyone back next year while Iowa took some losses on both sides of the ball. We know that there is good replacements coming in but from the perspective of those looking from the outside in Wisconsin looks better on paper than Iowa. If you factor in how close Iowa's games were last year it is easy to see how many feel Iowa will come back down to earth next year.

All this means is for KF and company to go out and prove them wrong.

you're looking at last year...what people who make these PRESEASON polls is what you bring to the table THIS YEAR. iowa is pretty much rebuilding their whole offensive line. wisconsin returns all of theirs. they return the big 10 player of the year. they return 11 other starters i didn't mention in my 2 previous points.

granted, we know what iowa brings back and the talent they have that didn't get much action last year. but people making these polls don't know that.

that is why wisconsin is ranked ahead of us. keep in mind, if you start the season in the top 10 and take care of business, things will work themselves out

you're looking at last year...what people who make these PRESEASON polls is what you bring to the table THIS YEAR. iowa is pretty much rebuilding their whole offensive line. wisconsin returns all of theirs. they return the big 10 player of the year. they return 11 other starters i didn't mention in my 2 previous points.

granted, we know what iowa brings back and the talent they have that didn't get much action last year. but people making these polls don't know that.

that is why wisconsin is ranked ahead of us. keep in mind, if you start the season in the top 10 and take care of business, things will work themselves out

This!!

Some of you are taking preseason polls and especially what a magazines opinion is way to serious.

Here is Lindy's 2009 Pre Season Top 25 and where they finished (AP)

1. Florida finished #3

2. Texas finished #2

3. Oklahoma finished #26

4. USC finished #22

5. Virginia Tech finished #10

6. LSU finished #17

7. Alabama finished #1

8. Ohio State finished #5

9. Ole Miss finished #20

10. Oklahoma State finished #30

11. Penn State finished #9

12. California finished #(out of top 40)

13. Boise State finished #4

14. TCU finished #6

15. Oregon finished #11

16. Georgia Tech finished #13

17. Georgia finished #(out of top 40)

18. Florida State finished #34

19. North Carolina finished #(out of top 40)

20. West Virginia finished #25

21. Kansas finished #(out of top 40)

22. Nebraska finished #14

23. Utah finished #18

24. Michigan State finished #(out of top 40)

25. BYU finished #12

Iowa's O was spotty last year and they are rebuilding the O line. Also, the guys who look to be coming in are not 5 star recruits. They also replace a lockdown corner (remember what ASTATE did against Lowe last year?), two NFL draft picks at linebacker, and an NFL draft pick at TE.

These guys are looking in a crystal ball and the view is just a little clearer with respect to Wisky.

Here is something from Athlon (who ranks Wisky #16):

Last year’s Badgers won 10 games (including a bowl), and this year’s outfit could be even better. The offense should reprise last year’s success, when it was one of only six in the country to average 200 yards per game both passing and running. In fact, it could be even better, thanks to Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year John Clay, a dangerous runner, and quarterback Scott Tolzien, who surprised last year with his accuracy and consistency. The whole offensive line is back, too. If the defense can fill its holes along the front, and UW can cut back on the TD passes it allows, it might just be able to make a run at the Big Ten title.

It's so tough to stop a balanced offense like that, and one that is power based...as Iowa fans, we know this. If they get above average performance from their defense, they are going to win 9 or 10 games at least

But isn't it a little early to be giving them that ranking with nothing to prove it? The fact that they are supposed to be decent doesn't change the fact that we have beaten them and will probably beat them again this year. The question then remains why is Wisky ahead of us in the polls? It is going to be so nice to beat those overrated northerners...AGAIN...for the 3rd straight time!

Wisconsin should have a good team, no doubt but this is a defensive league. Wisconsins defense will have to make huge strides to put them in the top 10, in my opinion.
Their O-line couldnt handle our D-line last year. In spite of the fact they were holding on almost every play.

Latest posts