LeVarr Woods will be allowed to coach

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
during Norm's absence. Per Rob Howe, who heard it from Kirk in Iowa City today.

The Hawks have essentially been once coach down.

I thought he was the video coordinator or something like that or maybe an advisor....

I don't know his exact title, but it has to do with onsite recruiting I believe. Sort of a football administrative assistant position. I believe it was the job Chigozie Ejiasi had prior to his promotion. I have mentioned before that I believe that once Norm retires, that Phil Parker will be promoted to Def Coord & that LeVar would essentially take his spot on the staff.

LeVarr was also the mastermind behind the GoHawks.com website. He was basically project manager on that.

I've spoken with him a few times, and he really has some good ideas as far as recruiting and relating to the high school recruits this day in age.

I doubt there's too many teams in the country pitching their football program on the internet as well as Iowa's pitches theirs on GoHawks.com.

From what I know of LeVarr he is a class act and he loves the Hawkeyes. I believe he runs several football camps during the summer.

I'd imagine hed step in and help out with linebackers and the linebackers coach would accept more responsibility

If our defense has been pretty good thus far, I think we'll be set for at least a couple more weeks. Plus it's not like Norm's the only guy who can coach a defense. Most of our coaching staff has been with the team for the better part of a decade. If they can't put together something that resembles a Norm Parker coached defense, with the players we currently have (who've all played under Parker)....then our coaching staff isn't very good.

If Norm can make it back, it would be great, especially for small adjustments that might be necessary. However, I think the base system should be good to go.

Also, any news on whether Norm's been involved with the game plans? I know it didn't appear to be the case when he first left this year, but has that changed?

Latest posts