Levar recriting in Arizona

Zstatman

Christian Clark, a 6,0", 195 lb RB/Athl out of Mountain Pointes HS in Phoenix got an offer from Iowa on Levar's visit to AZ this week. Clark, class of '24 also has offers from Wisconsin, Colorado, Georgia, Arizona and Arizona St among others.

While in town Levar also hooked up with his West Lyon HS teammate Kyle Vanden Bosch, who has evidently settled in AZ after his NFL days ended. As best I can tell Kyle is doing some radio broadcast work covering the AZ Cardinals, where he and Levar were also teammates back in the day, and he's also from the best I can tell a volunteer coach with the Brophy Prep HS football program. He had a Brophy shirt on in the Brophy weight roomwhere Levar and he took a picture. Picture was too large for me to load in this thread.

Kyle has twin sons playing at Brophy, class of '25, and they already hold offers from Nebraska and Arizona St. I didn't see that Levar offered them while there. Maybe he knows that Cornhusker connection is too strong. We'll have to see what happens there.

I know it has to be done, but I just don't see the point of tracking recruiting anymore with NIL and transfer rules. It used to be (for the most part) if a kid gave a verbal you could usually count on it. Nowadays you don't have a commit until he's at the first spring camp, and even that doesn't really mean anything.

I know it has to be done, but I just don't see the point of tracking recruiting anymore with NIL and transfer rules. It used to be (for the most part) if a kid gave a verbal you could usually count on it. Nowadays you don't have a commit until he's at the first spring camp, and even that doesn't really mean anything.
I agree with you on this, Fry.

Case in point, Arizona St and TCU are finalists for a 5 star QB out of the LA area named Jaden Rashada. What's weird about it to me is that Rshada just signed his letter of intent to Florida in December, in January he asks out of it and Florida granted it.

Some schools wouldn't let him out of the LOI but Iowa would.

Case in point, Arizona St and TCU are finalists for a 5 star QB out of the LA area named Jaden Rashada. What's weird about it to me is that Rshada just signed his letter of intent to Florida in December, in January he asks out of it and Florida granted it.

Didn't Florida's collective screw that kid over by offering him millions of dollars and then failing to deliver? I don't think getting the school, collective and large donors to the collective sued is in the best interests of the schools and I would expect every school is gonna let kids out of LOIs under that fact pattern going forward.

After a weekend trip to Eugene Clark commits to the Ducks. I would guess some serious NIL $$$$ came into play.

I don't understand what's going on with Clark, I'm not seeing his tweet committing to Oregon now and he got offers from UCLA and Florida St today.

Jaden Rashada committed to Arizona St. There is an article on ESPN saying a Florida collective had agreed to pay Rashada $15 Million over 4 years. Then the collective backed out of the agreement and Rashada opted for the open market.

According to the article, the family said NIL money was not part of the process in the second go round.

Jaden Rashada committed to Arizona St. There is an article on ESPN saying a Florida collective had agreed to pay Rashada $15 Million over 4 years. Then the collective backed out of the agreement and Rashada opted for the open market.

According to the article, the family said NIL money was not part of the process in the second go round.
This smells like BS. How do you go from getting a contract for 15 million to accepting a regular old scholarship like its 2020 or something? And to a shitty school?

I am guessing the Florida offer was much less than reported and there is some money flowing from ASU. Otherwise, this is not a sensible situation.

This smells like BS. How do you go from getting a contract for 15 million to accepting a regular old scholarship like its 2020 or something? And to a shitty school?

I am guessing the Florida offer was much less than reported and there is some money flowing from ASU. Otherwise, this is not a sensible situation.
Too much speculation, too many rumors, lots of bull shit. Yawn.

Maybe some donor saw how paying Charlie Jones over a million dollars to come to Purdue did absolutely nothing to improve their standing in a terrible division and got cold feet about paying him.

There is a good story on The Athletic about the Jaden Rashada situation. It was in the contract that he would get that amount of money; it was $xxx per month that escalated each year. But it was also in the contract that the collective could terminate it at any time for any reason. And that is what they did. Probably because they didn't have the money lined up that they had promised.

I hope they get some meaningful rules around the NIL stuff.

Charlie Jones got a cool $1M to go to Purdue....unbelievable....

There has been nothing in the news about Arizona St getting the NIL machine going yet. It's possible ii is going and just not public yet. With HC Dillingham coming from Oregon, you know he knows how NIL works and if not now at some point ASU will have it.

And, since this threrad is sort of an all encompassing thread, it appears that newly retired JJ Watt has joined Kyle VandenBosch in the Brophy Prep strength and conditioning program as a volunteer. Brophy is a good football program but not a powerhouse. It's the rich kids school. Sounds like pretty soon, the student athletes will have weird things growing out of their bodies, noses, etc.

There is a good story on The Athletic about the Jaden Rashada situation. It was in the contract that he would get that amount of money; it was $xxx per month that escalated each year. But it was also in the contract that the collective could terminate it at any time for any reason. And that is what they did. Probably because they didn't have the money lined up that they had promised.

I hope they get some meaningful rules around the NIL stuff.
I think the shine of NIL is wearing off for the ultra high-dollar deals. There was excitement right away because it was a brand new Wild West type of thing, but donors IMO are starting to see that there’s no ROI in most cases, and in most cases people don’t become worth eight and nine figures by being idiots.

At least when you’re a big legacy donor you get buildings and rooms and facilities with your name on them, and you get privileges like exclusivity and access to players, coaches, etc. and the noteriety that goes with being a donor. In other words you get something (perceived or real) for your cash. Brent Feller is a total sociopath but he’s at least getting something that only a lot of money can buy.

Now take one of those same donors and have them pay a million bucks or more for player XYZ to come to a school, and then the team still finishes in the middle of their conference and loses the Ray’s Good Muffler Shop Bowl. That million bucks just got lit on fire because it literally did nothing whatsoever to elevate the team.

The rich folks laying down the Benjamins thought maybe it’d help, but real soon the novelty is gonna wear off and you aren’t going to see as many of these deals. 16/17 year old kids are too flaky and there’s no way to know how they’re going to perform at that point. You’re flushing money down the toilet.

I think the shine of NIL is wearing off for the ultra high-dollar deals. There was excitement right away because it was a brand new Wild West type of thing, but donors IMO are starting to see that there’s no ROI in most cases, and in most cases people don’t become worth eight and nine figures by being idiots.

At least when you’re a big legacy donor you get buildings and rooms and facilities with your name on them, and you get privileges like exclusivity and access to players, coaches, etc. and the noteriety that goes with being a donor. In other words you get something (perceived or real) for your cash. Brent Feller is a total sociopath but he’s at least getting something that only a lot of money can buy.

Now take one of those same donors and have them pay a million bucks or more for player XYZ to come to a school, and then the team still finishes in the middle of their conference and loses the Ray’s Good Muffler Shop Bowl. That million bucks just got lit on fire because it literally did nothing whatsoever to elevate the team.

The rich folks laying down the Benjamins thought maybe it’d help, but real soon the novelty is gonna wear off and you aren’t going to see as many of these deals. 16/17 year old kids are too flaky and there’s no way to know how they’re going to perform at that point. You’re flushing money down the toilet.
Tough to disagree with your point.

I also think you'll see many of these 16/17 yr olds stop working hard as 18/19 yr old with 7 figures in their bank accounts.