Lazard

Hawkfnntn

Will he be or is he already a better prospect than Darboh? Sounds like he's off to a pretty ridiculous start so far. Was curious if any DSM area guys have seen him play and what they think. Maybe hawks can get a playmaker at WR to stay home and make an impact for more than a yr in a half.

From what I've read, Iowa State may be the team to beat for Lazard. His father played for ISU, and his brother is a walk-on for the Cyclones right now.

The word on the web is LSU will be tough to beat if they decide to offer also. I looked like Iowa is fighting uphill on this one. A beatdown in IC would help quite a bit though!!

The word on the web is LSU will be tough to beat if they decide to offer also. I looked like Iowa is fighting uphill on this one. A beatdown in IC would help quite a bit though!!

Agreed, so just maybe the Clones can give one to help get young Lazard.

If he ends up being a true top prospect, winning games THIS year will increase the odds for the Hawkeyes.

Again, I do not buy all the hype some of the HS players get, D-1 ball is a whole different matter. Unless your Alabama, USC, LSU, Oregon, etc...and can play the numbers by having an entire roster of 4-5* recruits, you can't know who will pan out and who won't..

Same theory that I have for the dominant husker teams prior to the scholly limit...law of numbers...if you can get 100+ kids to come out...the odds 4-5 will become special are good....same concept for when you have 10 5*'s every class, 2-3 fulfill the poential, most don't and are never heard about

When you are like the Hawks and get maybe 1 or 2 4*'s at best, you have to get a little lucky and rely much more on finding diamonds in the 2-3* range and develop to maximum potential, which for the most part this staff has done brilliantly for 13+ years.

WIN Games....recruiting gets better....WIN games consistantly...it gets a LOT better....you still need some luck that the kids ARE what you THINK they are.....see '04-'05 classes...busty busts for the most part.....

Basically you need great development, a little luck, and a few uncompromising Studs if your not the Elite teams mentioned above....

Latest posts