Lawrence Phillips found dead in prison cell

He brought this upon himself and quite honestly I don't feel for anybody who chooses to be a dirt bag. This dude had it all at his finger tips and choose to be a low life, that's the only sad part of the story.

He brought this upon himself and quite honestly I don't feel for anybody who chooses to be a dirt bag. This dude had it all at his finger tips and choose to be a low life, that's the only sad part of the story.

This.

He had chances and opportunities in life that most people could only dream of but he chose to be a woman-beater, car thief, kidnapper, and a murderer. He also had multiple chances to turn himself around.

And to think TO supported that waste of oxygen after he beat his girlfriend half to death.

Hope he suffered a while.

This.

He had chances and opportunities in life that most people could only dream of but he chose to be a woman-beater, car thief, kidnapper, and a murderer. He also had multiple chances to turn himself around.

And to think TO supported that waste of oxygen after he beat his girlfriend half to death.

Hope he suffered a while.

It's sad because he completely threw away his life. It's sad because he probably came from impoverished circumstances to begin with. It's sad because of the hurt he caused other people. It's just sad all around. I would have preferred he found some sort of redemption in prison instead of committing suicide.

It's sad because he completely threw away his life. It's sad because he probably came from impoverished circumstances to begin with. It's sad because of the hurt he caused other people. It's just sad all around. I would have preferred he found some sort of redemption in prison instead of committing suicide.

the guy is still a human beings, with people around him that still love and are loved by him. sad story is correct.

the guy is still a human beings, with people around him that still love and are loved by him. sad story is correct.

Still a human beings? Barely. This guy was a violent monster and a coward, the only sad part about his death is that he'll never pay his debt to society.

I get what you mean that it's a sad situation, but please don't give me the "he came from impoverished circumstances" bit.

My mother was born into an impoverished family of 11 kids with abusive, alcoholic parents, where you either quit school after 8th grade to get a job and help support the family, or you moved out. She paid her way through college to become a nurse and was the most compassionate, caring person I've ever met. What she didn't do was become a violent, drug addicted "victim" of her circumstances. Tons of people come out of hardship to be great human beings.

Eff Lawrence Phillip's circumstances. Life is a series of choices and consequences. You can make the easy choice to be a piece of garbage, or you can choose to be a good person (or at the VERY least not drag women down the stairs and murder people).

Sad for the people whose lives he ruined? Absolutely. I hope they get some solace from this.

Sad for him? No way. It's obvious after all this time that he had no interest in redeeming himself, so what happened to him is for the best. There's no place in the world for people like him. He wrote his mom a letter a month before he killed his cell mate saying he was going to either hurt himself or kill someone else because of his anger. So did he tell a guard? Seek out help? Warn his cell mate? Nope. He made a choice to kill the guy which makes him an animal, not a human. And don't start the "Why didn't his mom say something" bit because that's just making more excuses for the guy. If you want to tell me that he was just biologically programmed to be a bad guy from the start I'll even buy that, but those types of people still don't have a place in the world, and society is better off without them.

It is sad because he could have chosen to me a role model for others to follow but instead he chose a path of destruction. It would be interesting to know of his family back ground. That's never an excuse but it would be interesting to know. Mostly I was wondering what his mom may be going through. He was her son and likely this is a hard thing for her to have to deal with. Most mothers want the best for their children. So my heart goes out to her.

As as for me I remember the story about how he drug the girl friend down the stairway and was eventually allowed to play football after a suspension. It was Outrageous on the part of the university of Nebraska to EVER let him play another game of football again. As we can see the results did not turn out well. Nebraska did win a national championship though (just being sarcastic as I want to puke every time I think about it.)

6 game suspension for beating and dragging your girl friend down 3 flights of stairs???? You stay classy, Osborne.

6 game suspension for beating and dragging your girl friend down 3 flights of stairs???? You stay classy, Osborne.

If only he would have shot her, Osborne could have hid the gun in his file cabinet. He got 6 games for not following THAT rule.

He wrote his mom a letter a month before he killed his cell mate saying he was going to either hurt himself or kill someone else because of his anger. So did he tell a guard? Seek out help? Warn his cell mate? Nope. He made a choice to kill the guy which makes him an animal, not a human. And don't start the "Why didn't his mom say something" bit because that's just making more excuses for the guy. If you want to tell me that he was just biologically programmed to be a bad guy from the start I'll even buy that, but those types of people still don't have a place in the world, and society is better off without them.

Not to argue that LP was a good guy, cause there is no way he was. But he did tell the guards. He also told the counselors. The guy he killed in his cell was someone who was an even lower scumbag that LP, and had told others he would get LP to prove he wasn't such a tough guy.

On another note, good for your mother. God bless her for overcoming a horrible upbringing. Not everyone is as fortunate as many of us, and it helps to occasionally be reminded of that fact.

I get what you mean that it's a sad situation, but please don't give me the "he came from impoverished circumstances" bit.

My mother was born into an impoverished family of 11 kids with abusive, alcoholic parents, where you either quit school after 8th grade to get a job and help support the family, or you moved out. She paid her way through college to become a nurse and was the most compassionate, caring person I've ever met. What she didn't do was become a violent, drug addicted "victim" of her circumstances. Tons of people come out of hardship to be great human beings.

Eff Lawrence Phillip's circumstances. Life is a series of choices and consequences. You can make the easy choice to be a piece of garbage, or you can choose to be a good person (or at the VERY least not drag women down the stairs and murder people).

Sad for the people whose lives he ruined? Absolutely. I hope they get some solace from this.

Sad for him? No way. It's obvious after all this time that he had no interest in redeeming himself, so what happened to him is for the best. There's no place in the world for people like him. He wrote his mom a letter a month before he killed his cell mate saying he was going to either hurt himself or kill someone else because of his anger. So did he tell a guard? Seek out help? Warn his cell mate? Nope. He made a choice to kill the guy which makes him an animal, not a human. And don't start the "Why didn't his mom say something" bit because that's just making more excuses for the guy. If you want to tell me that he was just biologically programmed to be a bad guy from the start I'll even buy that, but those types of people still don't have a place in the world, and society is better off without them.

I didn't say he should be nominated for sainthood or didn't do terrible things to people. Just sad that his life spiraled so out of control that he had to kill himself. He wasn't a good guy-I get that-but I'm sorry, I don't get any satisfaction over someone killing himself.

I didn't say he should be nominated for sainthood or didn't do terrible things to people. Just sad that his life spiraled so out of control that he had to kill himself. He wasn't a good guy-I get that-but I'm sorry, I don't get any satisfaction over someone killing himself.

Steve, I have to apologize if my rant sounded like I was taking a shot at you; wasn't my intent.

I cruised by HuskerBoard when I found out about it and there were quite a few folks blaming the murder on prison guard incompetence and his past trouble on his tough upbringing, which irked me for the reasons I mentioned in my post. I should have known better than to visit that board and shouldn't have wrung my hands here. Hope we're cool.

Man, haven't seen this sort of vitriol for someone in a long time. This guy really made some enemies. People can't even let him RIP.

Serious question. Why can we no longer tell the terrible truth about him just because he's dead? Sometimes the truth hurts.

Latest posts