Last thought - The hawks are talented and very good, fun to watch

uihawk82

Marble can control a game and do a lot which we saw last year
White is showing some dribble drive game to go with his all around great game
Gesell can break past guys and feed the ball, shots well,
Uthoff has tons of ability rebounding, shooting,
Woody and oleseni give us boards, defense, blocks, etc, constant big man presence who can run.
Basabi is a good shooter, bounder and defender, I wish he was a little more aggressive looking to drive and dunk which would open up his really good 15 foot range.

Some good role players in clemmons, mccabe etc .

I hope the half court offense keeps improving and we stop with the dumb fouls

I think they need to play some better defense as a team like last year. Dont expect your offense to win every game.

If they keep improving this team can really be special. Go Hawks

Not sure why ISU fan thinks that is funny. ISU goes 7 deep, Iowa goes 9/10 deep. Why does it bother ISU fan so much if Iowa plays more people?

Might want to check the box score again. ISU played 9. ISU's bench outscored the mighty Hawkeye bench. Iowa fans said ISU would get in foul trouble all week. Iowa gets in foul trouble and now the crying rains down. But but but... How is that bubble prediction working out again?

Not sure why ISU fan thinks that is funny. ISU goes 7 deep, Iowa goes 9/10 deep. Why does it bother ISU fan so much if Iowa plays more people?

It doesn't bother me because the mythical deep bench is just that Mythical. Just because Iowa plays 9-10 people doesn't mean Iowa has 9-10 people worthy of playing significant minutes in big time college ball. Fran could play 12 people doesn't mean he has a deep bench, he has below average scrubs he subs in to rest the good players you have. Depth on your bench is way over rated.

Might want to check the box score again. ISU played 9. ISU's bench outscored the mighty Hawkeye bench. Iowa fans said ISU would get in foul trouble all week. Iowa gets in foul trouble and now the crying rains down. But but but... How is that bubble prediction working out again?

ISU played 7 players for any kind of min. If you want to play that game, heck Iowa played a walk on and hung with the mighty ISU at home.

I've already revised my ISU prediction, I did it after watching them play a couple games. Unlike delusional azz hats, I don't deny reality. The game was exactly what I predicted, a close win by ISU. The foul calls went exactly like I thought they would, ISU would get the benefit of the calls (home team usually does). Doesn't mean we got screwed by the refs, doesn't mean anything other than what reality is.....home teams gets the calls nearly every time.

Speaking of predictions, should we bring of some of your whoppers about football, what players would avg. and also what did you predict for Iowa BB this season. BTW I was almost spot on with my football prediction:

Posted 7-8-13
Why should ISU's offense be better? They have had mobile QB's for awhile now, and it doesn't make or break the offense for them.....Steele, Richardson, Tiller, etc. I also don't think that the Pistol is some fix for them offensively. Rhoads obviously doesn't have any confidence in Messingham, as he called him out a couple times, and then hires a position coach to bring in another offense??? It is all kind of confusing really. With the D being up in the air, the O will have to consistently score lots of points to win. I just don't see it happening, and I see 4 wins for the Clones this year.

Spot on prediction......well I mean I did think they would beat UNI, but they didn't. I was spot on about Mess and the offense as he is out now, and it was predictable. How did your predictions go?

It doesn't bother me because the mythical deep bench is just that Mythical. Just because Iowa plays 9-10 people doesn't mean Iowa has 9-10 people worthy of playing significant minutes in big time college ball. Fran could play 12 people doesn't mean he has a deep bench, he has below average scrubs he subs in to rest the good players you have. Depth on your bench is way over rated.

Not mythical at all. Iowa played long stretches with backups on the floor, and ISU didn't run them out the gym. The Iowa backups played the ISU starters pretty much dead even. Lots of times it was Marble and 4 bench guys, or even 5 bench guys on the floor at the same time. If the subs were below Avg. why didn't ISU run them out the gym when they were on the floor?

ISU goes 7 deep, and has no faith in any other players. Heck Iowa played a walkon for as many minutes as Edozie got. I like ISU's first 7, they are good.

Once again, I'm not sure why this bothers ISU fan.

ISU played 7 players for any kind of min. If you want to play that game, heck Iowa played a walk on and hung with the mighty ISU at home.

I've already revised my ISU prediction, I did it after watching them play a couple games. Unlike delusional azz hats, I don't deny reality. The game was exactly what I predicted, a close win by ISU. The foul calls went exactly like I thought they would, ISU would get the benefit of the calls (home team usually does). Doesn't mean we got screwed by the refs, doesn't mean anything other than what reality is.....home teams gets the calls nearly every time.

Speaking of predictions, should we bring of some of your whoppers about football, what players would avg. and also what did you predict for Iowa BB this season. BTW I was almost spot on with my football prediction:

Posted 7-8-13

Spot on prediction......well I mean I did think they would beat UNI, but they didn't. I was spot on about Mess and the offense as he is out now, and it was predictable. How did your predictions go?

Ha I have literally no clue what you are talking about. Hilarious all the chatter about the refs. The refs called the fouls. Bad calls went both ways. It is part of the game. Iowa went what 1 for their last 7 in free throws? Including two missed front ends of the 1-1? Iowa cannot close games. Period. You haven't beat a ranked team in quite some time. Why are you even bringing up the refs? They didn't miss the free throws. They didn't get taken to the rack all night by Niang. The better team won the game and stepped up when it mattered. Enough with the refs LOSERS make excuses. Winners just win.

Not mythical at all. Iowa played long stretches with backups on the floor, and ISU didn't run them out the gym. The Iowa backups played the ISU starters pretty much dead even. Lots of times it was Marble and 4 bench guys, or even 5 bench guys on the floor at the same time. If the subs were below Avg. why didn't ISU run them out the gym when they were on the floor?

ISU goes 7 deep, and has no faith in any other players. Heck Iowa played a walkon for as many minutes as Edozie got. I like ISU's first 7, they are good.

Yeah McCabe and Jok competed admirably against ISU's starters. If you close your eyes you can almost see McCabe miss yet another wide open shot. I think I can see Jok driving out of control all night too. Maybe Fran should wake up and realize Uthoff and Olaseni are your solid bench players. Jok downright hurts you when he comes in the game.

ISU played like horse manure in the first half to an inferior opponent. ISU managed to win. Depth on Iowa's part is a joke, stop sugar coating it. If and when Iowa wins a true road game against anyone with a pulse get back to me. Iowa's so called "Depth" will mean nothing against B10 competition. And if you believe other wise I can't help you.

ISU played like horse manure in the first half to an inferior opponent. ISU managed to win. Depth on Iowa's part is a joke, stop sugar coating it. If and when Iowa wins a true road game against anyone with a pulse get back to me. Iowa's so called "Depth" will mean nothing against B10 competition. And if you believe other wise I can't help you.

Okay, if Iowa was such an inferior opponent, whey didn't ISU blow them out in the second half when they had zero foul trouble? Niang ended with 4, but he was never in any danger of fouling out, especially when Marble backed off of him with about 4:00 left and kicked the ball out instead of attacking him.

ISU won by 3 points and it took Iowa to finish the game from the line 0-4, when they had a lead in missing the first of the four? Look I know you come here to get people fired up, but at least use some valid argument.

Iowa's depth has already won them some games, to deny it is foolish. McCabe had his worst game of his career, not just year, career. It happens, he get even half of his avg, different game. That is part of the game though, Iowa didn't finish the game and ISU won the game, pretty simple. If you really think Iowa is inferior, I would like to see them play tomorrow in Carver, home teams have the advantage, so would Iowa have been favored by 3 if it was played in Carver?

Let me just say again, if ISU is so much better then why didn't they run away with the game in the second half when they were at full strength again? It is funny how people do try and spin a game, ISU won and there could have been a million different things that could have happened in the game, but didn't.

Yeah this quote is really uninformed because Iowa's bench avgs almost as much as the starters.... good research there

Okay, if Iowa was such an inferior opponent, whey didn't ISU blow them out in the second half when they had zero foul trouble? Niang ended with 4, but he was never in any danger of fouling out, especially when Marble backed off of him with about 4:00 left and kicked the ball out instead of attacking him.

ISU won by 3 points and it took Iowa to finish the game from the line 0-4, when they had a lead in missing the first of the four? Look I know you come here to get people fired up, but at least use some valid argument.

Iowa's depth has already won them some games, to deny it is foolish. McCabe had his worst game of his career, not just year, career. It happens, he get even half of his avg, different game. That is part of the game though, Iowa didn't finish the game and ISU won the game, pretty simple. If you really think Iowa is inferior, I would like to see them play tomorrow in Carver, home teams have the advantage, so would Iowa have been favored by 3 if it was played in Carver?

Let me just say again, if ISU is so much better then why didn't they run away with the game in the second half when they were at full strength again? It is funny how people do try and spin a game, ISU won and there could have been a million different things that could have happened in the game, but didn't.

Buddy what are you talking about? ISU did run away with the game in the 2nd half. They won the 2nd half by ten points. TEN. That is pretty substantial. Talk about missed FT's all you want but missed free throws are what put ISU in the hole to begin with. Iowa was sharp at the foul line up until the final few minutes. ISU has started several game slow. When they turn it on they can play with anyone in the country. Hopefully they figure out the slow start issue it will eventually cost them a game.

This could be the single dumbest post I've read of yours and that's really saying something. You know for a fact that ISU was lucky to come away with a win. To say that Iowa is an inferior opponent is a joke. The simple fact is if Iowa makes their free throws down the stretch (which they are much better at than ISU) they win the game. There was one team that led was in control the majority of the game, put themselves in a position to put the other team away with a minute left but couldn't seal the deal. If you wanna call pulling a vicory from the jaws of defeat as being the superior team, have at it. Just don't go trying to convince anyone around here that you have any common sense in that little melon of yours.

Buddy what are you talking about? ISU did run away with the game in the 2nd half. They won the 2nd half by ten points. TEN. That is pretty substantial. Talk about missed FT's all you want but missed free throws are what put ISU in the hole to begin with. Iowa was sharp at the foul line up until the final few minutes. ISU has started several game slow. When they turn it on they can play with anyone in the country. Hopefully they figure out the slow start issue it will eventually cost them a game.

ISU won by 3 points, Iowa was up by 7 at half, huge disparity there, what are you taling about.

ISU shot as they normally do from the FT line, Iowa did not.

ISU made runs and Iowa answered all night, except in the last 1:21.

ISU won the game, but if they ran away with the game in the 2nd half, they win by double digits. Also, ISU cannot play with anyone, unless they clean up their FT%. ISU was in the bonus around the 10:00 mark in each half, based on that alone, Iowa should not have competed.

If they can "turn it on" anytime, why don't they? Actually, I don't need an answer because I already know the answer.

ISU won by 3 points, Iowa was up by 7 at half, huge disparity there, what are you taling about.

ISU shot as they normally do from the FT line, Iowa did not.

ISU made runs and Iowa answered all night, except in the last 1:21.

ISU won the game, but if they ran away with the game in the 2nd half, they win by double digits. Also, ISU cannot play with anyone, unless they clean up their FT%. ISU was in the bonus around the 10:00 mark in each half, based on that alone, Iowa should not have competed.

If they can "turn it on" anytime, why don't they? Actually, I don't need an answer because I already know the answer.

You know I've got to give it up to the Hawks they gave it their most powerful upper-cut but it still just was not enough. As many Hawk fans said after the Xavier game you played a 'C' game and still won. Well ISU played a 'C' game and still beat #23 in the country. I think it really chaps Hawk fans A's because it was supposed to be Iowa's year. ISU was supposed to be in rebuilding mode. Now once again Iowa finds themselves entering conference play with zero impressive out of conference wins while ISU will likely find themselves in the top 15 entering conference play. I can understand the feeling of being second fiddle with all the attention around ISU's program.

Ha I have literally no clue what you are talking about. Hilarious all the chatter about the refs. The refs called the fouls. Bad calls went both ways. It is part of the game. Iowa went what 1 for their last 7 in free throws? Including two missed front ends of the 1-1? Iowa cannot close games. Period. You haven't beat a ranked team in quite some time. Why are you even bringing up the refs? They didn't miss the free throws. They didn't get taken to the rack all night by Niang. The better team won the game and stepped up when it mattered. Enough with the refs LOSERS make excuses. Winners just win.

Dude you need to learn to read. I said missed FT cost Iowa the game. Winners do win #Kansas #Ohio St.

ISU pretty much played about as well as they could against Iowa. They shot close to their season avg. from the field, from 3, and 5% worse than their season Avg from the FT line. Iowa shot it season's avg. from the field, but shot 13% below its avg. from 3, and 8% lower than it's avg. from the FT line.

Troll all you want, this series will continue to come down to home court, and who has it. All we heard all year long last year was how superior ISU was to Iowa, yet they lost by 9 at Carver.........now all we hear is that ISU just proved how dominate they are with a 3 pt win at home. If it wasn't true, it would be completely tragic how stupid FarmU fan is.

deanvogs;122888a3 said:
Dude you need to learn to read. I said missed FT cost Iowa the game. Winners do win #Kansas #Ohio St.

Oh yeah let's compare a game where controversial calls in the last minute of the game literally decided the outcome of the game to Friday night's comeback victory by ISU. Iowa downright got beat. Let's call a spade a spade ISU is winning close games and have winners and mentally tough players. Iowa shrivels up and can't handle the pressure everytime the game gets close. You said Iowa was a lock to make the tourney? How about you beat a ranked opponent first. How long has it been? #NitAllStars

Latest posts