Last defensive possession?

NikeHawk21

Maryland called timeout. Iowa was up 1 and had a timeout left.

Why was Bohannon in? His lateral quickness struggles have been well documented. Cowan went right around him like he was standing still, which caused Kriener to leave Bruno to contest the layup, and nobody to block out Bruno.

I’m not sure why Kriener and Cook were both in. I half understand the logic of having Kriener there to get physical with Bruno, but the way that play went I wish it was Cook contesting the shot because he might have blocked Cowan.

I’ve also seen it mentioned elsewhere that Iowa should have switched back to a zone as Maryland was going to try and run a play.

Obviously hindsight is 20/20 when it doesn’t work, but I still think having Bohannon out there to guard one of the quickest guards in the conference is perplexing.

Why was Bohannon in? His lateral quickness struggles have been well documented. Cowan went right around him like he was standing still, which caused Kriener to leave Bruno to contest the layup, and nobody to block out Bruno.

I’m not sure why Kriener and Cook were both in. I half understand the logic of having Kriener there to get physical with Bruno, but the way that play went I wish it was Cook contesting the shot because he might have blocked Cowan.

I’ve also seen it mentioned elsewhere that Iowa should have switched back to a zone as Maryland was going to try and run a play.

Obviously hindsight is 20/20 when it doesn’t work, but I still think having Bohannon out there to guard one of the quickest guards in the conference is perplexing.

Honesty because the only other option is Dailey and his head is so out of the game he might have thought we were on offense and set a pick on our own guy.

Honesty because the only other option is Dailey and his head is so out of the game he might have thought we were on offense and set a pick on our own guy.
Connor? He’s better at defense than Bo and a decent enough FT shooter if we get the rebound. Or put Moss on him, who wasn’t even in the game either.

Because playing zone makes absolutely no sense. ???

Bad call Fran. Stop complaining about the ref-ing when you make bad calls like that.