Lady Hawks, and NCAA

LinnMarHawkeye

I watch alot of games, but do not pay attention to other womens teams, I think they are 16-12 right now? Whats the chances, factors, or keys to make the ncaa tournament? I would say if they could beat wisconsin at wisconsin than win 2 btt games they would be a favored bubble team

Best would be beat Wisconsin, have Purdue lose Sunday, then get 3rd seed in tournament, win 1st game in tournament, beat 2nd seed Michigan State.

I watch alot of games, but do not pay attention to other womens teams, I think they are 16-12 right now? Whats the chances, factors, or keys to make the ncaa tournament? I would say if they could beat wisconsin at wisconsin than win 2 btt games they would be a favored bubble team
Correction. Sensitive point to the Iowa women. There are no "Lady Hawks". They are the Hawkeye Women or just Hawkeyes.

To make the tournament (after the unhelpful loss at Northwestern) we either have to win at Wisky or win the BTT tournament in all likelihood to get an NCAA bid. Winning at Madison is a very difficult task, even more this year than usual...but a win gives us a 17-12 record (with 9 wins in the last 11 BT games) and a BT win followed by a win over Mich State would mean beating Ohio State in the BTT final would give Bluder another 20 win season (clsing the season 12-2), no matter what happened later in the NCAAs.

WE might be a bubble team with a very good shot without winning the BT if we beat Wisky AND Mich State--in fact, we'd probably be off the bubble and in the field. Guessing that the BT will get only 3 or 4 teams in the tourney, and Ohio State & Mich State are best positioned to make it whatever happens in the BTT. Problem is if we lose to Wisky, they finish 3rd & we drop to 4th. Then there is the chance that a team like Penn State or NW or Michigan could come on strong in the BTT. Doesn't seem likely, as they are a very mediocre team this year, but Purdue has a history of winning in the BTT on the Indianapolis "home court".

Still, the Iowa women largely can decide their own chance at the NCAAs. Beat Wisky, finish 3rd, win at least once in the BTT--better twice, and Iowa is the likely 3rd BT team in the field.

Latest posts