Lack of Respect - New Perspective?

KnightHawk9

I haven't seen anyone else post this, so I thought it deserved its own thread.

The lack of respect Iowa is getting from the pollsters is ridiculous, of course. We are ranked behind all but one undefeated team (as well as a one loss team) in the AP and behind all undeated teams (and a one loss) in the USA Today.

But beyond that, we are ONE of only TWO teams in the country that are 8-0! We've played one more game than everybody except for Alabama and we are still ranked behind them all! How anybody could say that Boise State, TCU, or even Florida and Texas' 7 wins is better than our 8 is beyond me.

The reason this is more than just complaining is that most of these teams will still be playing after Iowa's season is over. We'll probably be 12-0 and move down while idle.

Looking back, as we moved down the polls while still winning our first several games, you have to wonder how they may also still be playing into the rankings.

It is retarded, we win and win then we still get the shaft when it comes to the rankings. If we keep winning they cant deny us forever.

Something else I just realized: Alabama has a bye this week. We have a chance to be the ONLY 9-0 TEAM IN THE NATION!

Latest posts