Kiper has Clayborn 5th in 2011 draft

HAWKEYESTATE4ever

Obviously, that is a LONG time from now and a lot can happen. I love having Adrian back for his senior year, but you got to wonder if he made the right call, depending on what happens with the new NFL cap...

AC would have been a first rounder this year.

AC in my opinion could contend to be THE top pick in next years draft if he has another stellar season...

AC in my opinion could contend to be THE top pick in next years draft if he has another stellar season...

He won't be as good as Suh, who was the best defensive lineman in college ever, who wasn't even the first pick, so Clayborn will not be the first pick.

I would not say that he will not be as good until the year is in the books, I do agree that he will not likely be the first, but second...maybe

It all depends on needs, man. Alex Smith sucks, but in 2006 the 49ers needed a QB, so he was the first pick.

If Detroit, Tampa, or Wahington would have had the top pick instead or StL, Suh would have went #1.

And I do not agree that Suh was the best ever.

It all depends on needs, man. Alex Smith sucks, but in 2006 the 49ers needed a QB, so he was the first pick.

If Detroit, Tampa, or Wahington would have had the top pick instead or StL, Suh would have went #1.

And I do not agree that Suh was the best ever.

Yeah, but it's not like the need is different every year. There's a reason that QB's have gone as the first pick 10 out of the last 13 years. The chances that the missing link for a team that has the first pick is a defensive lineman who may be the best defensive player in the draft isn't that high.

Yeah, but it's not like the need is different every year. There's a reason that QB's have gone as the first pick 10 out of the last 13 years. The chances that the missing link for a team that has the first pick is a defensive lineman who may be the best defensive player in the draft isn't that high.

I understand what you are saying. But if the Rams have the top pick again next year, who would they take? Guarantee it wouldn't be a QB.

They would trade it because Jake Locker will be the #1 pick and somebody will want a franchise QB

I did think of that. And you're probably right. Not a lot of leverage though as the teams behind them will know they can't take Locker.

We are debating the 2011 draft on the day the 2010 draft gets over. Love it!

I did think of that. And you're probably right. Not a lot of leverage though as the teams behind them will know they can't take Locker.

We are debating the 2011 draft on the day the 2010 draft gets over. Love it!

The leveage comes from multiple teams wanting Locker, not that other teams know the Rams wouldnt take him. Long ways to go until next april tho!

The chances that the missing link for a team that bad is the QB is pretty low, too. The chances that ANY ONE PLAYER is the missing link for the team that was the worst in the league are so long that they're laughable. QB's go #1 because teams are stupid. QB's are the most important single player. But while they are the most important piece of the puzzle, they are one of the LAST pieces to put down. Joey Harrington could have been a terrific QB had he had even a decent OL. But instead, those guys essentially get all the talent beaten out of them, and I fear that's the fate awaiting Bradford.

Going OL and defense is the smart choice when you're as bad as the Rams, Lions, etc. have been. Therefore, AC could very well be the first pick. The best player doesn't always get taken first, and just because Suh was the best defensive lineman this year and didn't get taken #1 doesn't mean that AC will be in the same box next year. That would be like saying that since Jake Long was taken #1 in the 2008 draft, the best QB won't be picked the next year. Nevermind that Matthew Stafford was #1 the next year. It's all about who needs what. Some teams are smart and realize that it's stupid to bring in a QB when you have a lousy line (Dolphins in 2008, Texans in 2006). Many others don't (Lions in 2001, Texans in 2004, Rams in 2010). But if a team ends up in that spot and is smart, they won't take a QB. It's all about what a team needs. It's just that some teams aren't smart enough to determine what their biggest needs are.

He won't be as good as Suh, who was the best defensive lineman in college ever, who wasn't even the first pick, so Clayborn will not be the first pick.

Hard to say that. Clayborn was performing at exceptionally high level all season long, and was a year younger than Suh was, and I don't remember Suh getting the kind of pub after his junior year that Clayborn got (and is getting) after his.

Adrian could very well turn out to be Suh's equal.

Suh was awesome this year, but was not the best pass rusher ever, but a beast none the less. To say AC won't be as good is being short sighted. Suh made great improvement from his junior to senior seanson and AC could as well. Only time will tell. Unless you really are God,, then I will take your word for it...

Yes but the Lions have there franchise QB and would not have picked a QB no matter what. So it really does depend on the team that ends up with the number one pick.

Suh was awesome this year, but was not the best pass rusher ever, but a beast none the less. To say AC won't be as good is being short sighted. Suh made great improvement from his junior to senior seanson and AC could as well. Only time will tell. Unless you really are God,, then I will take your word for it...

Heaven help the B10 if AC makes a "great improvement" this year.

Suh's JR stats: 76 tackles, 19 tackles for loss, 7.5 sacks
Clayborn's JR stats: 70 tackles, 20 tackles for loss, 11.5 sacks
Dont see a whole lot of difference there.

I see 2 differences. Suh may be a little bit quicker, and a little bit stronger in the upper body. He uses up blockers better than anyone i've seen. But, he plays on the interior, and has jared crick to complement him and give the line fits. Not to say that AC doesn't have quality DL playing with him, also. I think they were the top 2 DL in the nation last year and think that AC will emerge as the no. 1 DL this year. His motor was unbelievable in that orange bowl game. Not to take anything away from a great hawk D last year, but AC changed that bowl game. He stuffed that stupidass offense of GT almost single handedly, at least the option side of it. To compare them is a mute point, as they'll both be beasts on sunday. Freaks of nature.

I see 2 differences. Suh may be a little bit quicker, and a little bit stronger in the upper body. He uses up blockers better than anyone i've seen. But, he plays on the interior, and has jared crick to complement him and give the line fits. Not to say that AC doesn't have quality DL playing with him, also. I think they were the top 2 DL in the nation last year and think that AC will emerge as the no. 1 DL this year. His motor was unbelievable in that orange bowl game. Not to take anything away from a great hawk D last year, but AC changed that bowl game. He stuffed that stupidass offense of GT almost single handedly, at least the option side of it. To compare them is a mute point, as they'll both be beasts on sunday. Freaks of nature.

Call me crazy, but if he was the best ever, wouldn't he have gone first round??