Kierre Greenwood

FreddyBrown

Leading scorer for Coastal Carolina as they win their way into their conference tournament championship. Must have had a pretty good season for a freshman PG. Would have looked nice in an Iowa uni. Obviously was eligible by NCAA standards--anyone know what happened to Iowa's interest? Perhaps he wanted to know who the head coach was?

He has started every game for a team that has won 28 games and is one win away from the NCAA tournament. I live a few miles from Coastal Carolina U, so I get a chance to see the team play. They are quite good this year. Beat the College of Charleston, which is something North Carolina could not do this year. They were blown out just once, by Duke, a 25 point loss. The other four losses could have easily been wins. All and all a great year for CCU and Greenwood has been a major contributer. Fourth leading scorer on the team. I hope they win on Saturday. It will be fun seeing them in the field of 64. They will not be a 16th seed if they do make it.

By the way, CCU's coach is Cliff Ellis former coach at Clemson and Auburn. Over 500 wins in his career.

You show me a PG that led his team to 28 wins in D1 (i don't care who for) and I'll show you a better PG than this group has recruited. They missed the boat way more than once. At least give one recruiter the ax. Make some kind of move in the right direction. The skipper of the SS Minnow stayed the course on that tiny ship and look where it got them...lost. At least he had Ginger and MaryAnn however we do have Gilligan.

Latest posts