Kicked ball leading to free TO

Hawkfnntn

I saw that Bardo after the game was saying how he didn't like how the rules allow for teams to huddle with their coaches while the refs are doing any reviewing at the scorers table. I don't see that changing anytime soon. I mean we've been begging for replay to be instituted to get plays right especially late in games. So what alternatives to that are there? He said have them stay away across the floor from their bench but that don't work.. Obviously it was in our favor last night and could work for or against us in the future. To me it's complaining about the overtime rules in pro football. If you don't like the overtime rules than win or lose it in regulation.

This is one of my biggest random complaints, when teams huddle up with a coach when there isn't a timeout called. That's not supposed to happen. I don't know why it bothers me so much but it does.

My solution? It's not a timeout, have a player just go stand in the other team's huddle. If they are standing on the court no reason for them not to be there if there isn't a timeout.

Like you said, its the rules and its worked for and against teams many times.

I would like to see a rule put in place that would keep the players on the floor and coaches and reserve players on the bench during all reviews. It can't be that difficult to enforce. The NBA has a hard rule about leaving the bench during a fight. What would be the difference if coaches and players could leave the bench during a review?

Maybe have the teams go to the opponents free throw lane or the center court circle, something like that. The extra timeouts due to reviews make the game way too long. Keep the players on the court ready to go.

I have no problem with this at all. Now...watching Izzo suck up and intimidate officials is another thing. He can literally suck the ear of an official and nothing. Coaches are given way too much latitude in these situations. MSU gets preferential treatment and they can thug it up all they want when they need too. Watch...if MSU gets down...the game gets more and more physical.

Officials need to stop that crap...call the damn fouls from start to finish in the same manner. Iowa got 9 foul shots...my ass. There were 30 calls that never happened.

Indiana did the same thing Thursday night. Did BTN go on a soapbox about it that night?

I remember Melsahn Basabe having to turn sharply to avoid colliding with Pitino on the court, then bumping into an official and turning his ankle.

Pretty simple possible solutions.

1. During a review have players go to the opposite free throw lane.

2. Make in-game advertising slots shorter and use reviews as ad time.

3. Put a Review clock on officials: 30 seconds is more than enough in slow-motion.

4. Don’t allow coaches to request a review.

This is one of my biggest random complaints, when teams huddle up with a coach when there isn't a timeout called. That's not supposed to happen. I don't know why it bothers me so much but it does.

My solution? It's not a timeout, have a player just go stand in the other team's huddle. If they are standing on the court no reason for them not to be there if there isn't a timeout.
Ha that'd be interesting. Teams shouldn't get in trouble for doing it anyway I'd agree with that. ...
Both teams get to take advantage of it so there's no advantage for one team over the other. If NW could have prevented us from inbounding it we'd have still had no TOs Or defended the play once it was in better. So I don't think you'd see coaches griping about that rule. Every coach would like it to stay the way it is

Ha that'd be interesting. Teams shouldn't get in trouble for doing it anyway I'd agree with that. ...
Both teams get to take advantage of it so there's no advantage for one team over the other. If NW could have prevented us from inbounding it we'd have still had no TOs Or defended the play once it was in better. So I don't think you'd see coaches griping about that rule. Every coach would like it to stay the way it is

Every coach takes advantage of it. Every coach has no problems whatsoever when they benefit from it. Only time its an issue is the few times it benefits the other team. They gain way to much from the rule to be against it.

Bardo kept going on and on about it yet he fails to comprehend that it's an extra time out for BOTH teams. While it gave Fran a chance to set up a play it also gave Northwestern a chance to set up their defense without having to us their last timeout. Without the review perhaps JB would have been left even more wide open.