Kick/Punt return concerns

hawkfan2679

Kick returns have been DJK and Wegher. I'm assuming we have to get BW off the return team, don't we? He's going to be beaten up enough in the running game...who else can we toss back there? Paki again?

Punt returns...Chaney, then Sandeman. If Colin can't go, who else has returned punts? Didn't Sash fair catch a couple this year? Spievey (as much as I hate to see it)?

Thoughts?

Somebody posted a thread about whether or not Davis returned punts in high school? I live in CR, and I honestly don't remember who they put back there in years past. They've had so much speed though, that they could have used any one of several guys. It would be a way to get him into the flow though...

Has Stross ever filled in catching punts? I have some fleeting memory of this but could be completely wrong here...and if it was all just a dream and Im making it up I still love you MJ...

Stross seems a likely candidate to me - he's got great hands and is a senior (which should translate to smarter play/good decision-making).

Sash & Spievey would prob also be good choices.

I could see Davis doing KO but not punts., AS is probley the leader but I Liked another posters idea of Stross too. Cant afford to lose either one. The guy they think will make the best decsions will get the job

In the "On the side" posted by Jon, it sounded like Spievey or Sash might be back there on punt returns. That leaves DJK for sure on kick returns, but the 2nd spot is still up in the air. I can't imagine them leaving Wegher back there if he's our only healthy B10-level back.

I could see Davis doing KO but not punts., AS is probley the leader but I Liked another posters idea of Stross too. Cant afford to lose either one. The guy they think will make the best decsions will get the job

I'd be ok with Davis back on kickoff returns

By piecing together info from a couple different boards, it sounds like Ferentz said in his radio show tonight that it'll be Spievey and Keenan Davis on kick return and Spievey only returning punts.

Latest posts