KF needs to donate his entire salary to the university.

I'd prefer that we win football games again. Ferentz's money doesn't effect me either way.

Why ?

My opinion is his pros outway the cons and I don't think this loss is much on the coaches. Just my opinion.

It always comes back to the salary.
Because look at what he makes. Do you expect one of the highest paid coaches in college football to have results like this? Last year was a disgusting finish and this year they won't make a bowl.

Ferentz is overpaid period.

Because look at what he makes. Do you expect one of the highest paid coaches in college football to have results like this? Last year was a disgusting finish and this year they won't make a bowl.

Ferentz is overpaid period.

Then be ****** at the folks who approved his contract. He did what he should do and what any of us would do--tried to maximize his and his family's welfare. If you don't approve of his salary, direct your hostilities at the counterparty to his agreement.

Then be ****** at the folks who approved his contract. He did what he should do and what any of us would do--tried to maximize his and his family's welfare. If you don't approve of his salary, direct your hostilities at the counterparty to his agreement.
I've had my issues with Barta. That is well documented on here.

However, Ferentz is the guy who can bench players and he won't.

How exactly is this not on the coaches?

I won't sway your opinion..not going to debate...just my opinion that it's not on the coaches. We played bad, PSU played great, and things spiraled.

I think the team fought all game and showed heart when it was all but over in the beginning of the 3rd qtr...THAT is somewhat accredited to the coaches as well.

I am not happy. But I do have faith in this staff, I may very well be in the minority, at least on hawkeyenation, especially after a buttwhooping.

It was a spiral of bad happenings...and almost perfect execution by PSU....just my opinion.

I won't sway your opinion..not going to debate...just my opinion that it's not on the coaches. We played bad, PSU played great, and things spiraled.

I think the team fought all game and showed heart when it was all but over in the beginning of the 3rd qtr...THAT is somewhat accredited to the coaches as well.

I am not happy. But I do have faith in this staff, I may very well be in the minority, at least on hawkeyenation, especially after a buttwhooping.

It was a spiral of bad happenings...and almost perfect execution by PSU....just my opinion.

And not pulling jvb and getting JR some snaps........who is that on

You are such a shill. This team stunk all night. Iowa looked terrible all night and Vandenbeg was garbage. How can you defend anything the staff did all night?

And not pulling jvb and getting JR some snaps........who is that on

I am not sure on this but it could be to save a redshirt, or is jr beyond that? I should now this but tired and a little reeling right now.

Just not sure cause otherwise I will admit it may have made sense...unless there's something the coaches know or see that we don't.

Regardless, not playing the backup is somewhat irrelevant right now, in my opinion

You are such a shill. This team stunk all night. Iowa looked terrible all night and Vandenbeg was garbage. How can you defend anything the staff did all night?

As I said, not gonna debate with you. Your frustration is warranted and understandable. I ain't happy with the game, not by a long shot. Actually I am pi$$ed. I just ain't on the page where this game is on the staff.

I am a lot of things, not a shill though.

Amazing what a very good coach can do with a good team in less then 6 months. I have to tip my hat to O'Brien for the job he has done in regard to developing his QB, getting his team to improve week to week, and actually running a no huddle offense that generated 11 completions to their tight ends. Could not believe how easily they moved the ball against the Hawks D.
Penn St fans have to be very disappointed that Coach O'Brien was not hired 5 yrs ago.

On a side......no idea why JVB was still in the game after the 3rd qtr. What a wasted opportunity to get some reps for 2nd/3rd string QB. Worse case is that JVB should have at least sat out one series in the 3rd qtr after throwing two passes directly to Penn St players.

Oh, and by the way, the team you saw fight to the end was doing it against 2nd and 3rd stringers from Penn St. I really hope this didn't make you all that happy.

Amazing what a very good coach can do with a good team in less then 6 months. I have to tip my hat to O'Brien for the job he has done in regard to developing his QB, getting his team to improve week to week, and actually running a no huddle offense that generated 11 completions to their tight ends. Could not believe how easily they moved the ball against the Hawks D.
Penn St fans have to be very disappointed that Coach O'Brien was not hired 5 yrs ago.

On a side......no idea why JVB was still in the game after the 3rd qtr. What a wasted opportunity to get some reps for 2nd/3rd string QB. Worse case is that JVB should have at least sat out one series in the 3rd qtr after throwing two passes directly to Penn St players.

Oh, and by the way, the team you saw fight to the end was doing it against 2nd and 3rd stringers from Penn St. I really hope this didn't make you all that happy.

Just trying to find some positive to hold on to, cause there weren't many. Tough day all around.

Good point. KF wouldn't have done crap in the same situation.

Latest posts