KF Homeward Bound for Opener

Typical KF response. (No sarcasm) “My fault. screwed up.” Right response. NCAA? Bull Shit. Almost three years to respond to “violation.”, while the cheaters continue to cheat. Beth: Good job!

Damn Nitpickers

Always thought The Captain was squeaky clean
What's wild is how KF gets up there and comes clean to take his medicine then you have a coach for Miami Ohio saying Bama tampered with their kicker to 'steal' him right out in the open and I guess we'll see if anything comes of that. I'm not holding my breath but who knows. If this coach doesn't drop it the NCAA may have to look into it.

I'm not big into conspiracies and I don't think this is one. But the NCAA sure seems honed in on Iowa. Last year the gambling situation. And now this. Both "infractions" seem to be common in Division I football yet, we are the only school that gets investigated (exception is Iowa State got stuck in the gambling investigation last year). Why? Maybe Iowa is a safe school to go after. Big enough to catch some attention. But not a blue blood that is going to get more blowback than it is worth. I'm ready for the NCAA to go away if this is how they choose to do their business.

What's wild is how KF gets up there and comes clean to take his medicine then you have a coach for Miami Ohio saying Bama tampered with their kicker to 'steal' him right out in the open and I guess we'll see if anything comes of that. I'm not holding my breath but who knows. If this coach doesn't drop it the NCAA may have to look into it.
You said everything you needed to the moment you said Bama. We all know nothing's going to happen.

This is why big time college football needs to break from the NCAA. I am not bagging on the NCAA. It has a thankless job and it is stretched too far to do what its mission was when it was formed by the presidents to manage college athletics. It is responsible for governing dozens of sports, multiple levels of competition, men and women, and literally 10s of thousands of athletes. Its too much.

Football just isn't within its abilities to handle anymore. Not in the age of NIL. We need to stop treating big time college football like its a 1955. It is a pro league still being governed by rules meant for amateurs. Football needs a commissioner, collective bargaining, uniform recruiting rules, etc.

Let the NCAA focus on swimming and track and the like.

I'm not big into conspiracies and I don't think this is one. But the NCAA sure seems honed in on Iowa. Last year the gambling situation. And now this. Both "infractions" seem to be common in Division I football yet, we are the only school that gets investigated (exception is Iowa State got stuck in the gambling investigation last year). Why? Maybe Iowa is a safe school to go after. Big enough to catch some attention. But not a blue blood that is going to get more blowback than it is worth. I'm ready for the NCAA to go away if this is how they choose to do their business.

To be fair to the NCAA, they didn't initiate the gambling investigation. That was all Iowa DCI, and once it was out there, the NCAA did not have the option to ignore it.

But also, the NCAA sucks. The right move by KF to own up and attempt to move on, but I wonder what his private thoughts are on selective enforcement.

To be fair to the NCAA, they didn't initiate the gambling investigation. That was all Iowa DCI, and once it was out there, the NCAA did not have the option to ignore it.

But also, the NCAA sucks. The right move by KF to own up and attempt to move on, but I wonder what his private thoughts are on selective enforcement.
Good points, CP87. Especially on the DCI starting the investigation.

I would have been nice if the NCAA, in an acknowledgement that the practice was and is widespread, could have gone a little easier on a stand-up guy like Noah Shannon. Even if they didn't say that out loud.

The DCI of Iowa started the investigation, the NCAA was forced to respond. Now that it's found out that the DCI trampled on people's rights and illegally investigated to score a PR coup, they will be paying a lot of athletes for violation of their rights, defamation, and lost income. Which will cost everyone in Iowa money. Heads need to roll at the DCI.

I hope this prods the NCAA to actually investigate the glaring tampering going on right now everywhere. It's a FACT that schools are calling and sending out their Budmeiers to gauge interest in athletes and let them know what they will get if they jump into the portal. This crap has to stop. But it won't.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed but one of 'my people' tells me that this incident wasn't self-reported by us and that someone outside the program evidently turned us in.

Who would have done something like that? My friend speculated either someone from Michigan or Wisconsin. Based on what I don't know.

But it does get old always being so transparent that we are fair game for anyone wanting to come after Iowa athletics for seemingly everything under the sun.

It was Michigan.

There is tampering and there is tampering. I mean, CM made it very clear when he lost the starting job and did not get it back that he was transferring. To my understanding, it was amicable and everyone understood why he was leaving and wished him well. Sounds like KF and staff jumped the gun, but how was Michigan harmed?

When you back channel a perfectly happy kid not in the portal and try to get him to leave his school for yours, that shit is true tampering, IMHO.

It was Michigan.

There is tampering and there is tampering. I mean, CM made it very clear when he lost the starting job and did not get it back that he was transferring. To my understanding, it was amicable and everyone understood why he was leaving and wished him well. Sounds like KF and staff jumped the gun, but how was Michigan harmed?

When you back channel a perfectly happy kid not in the portal and try to get him to leave his school for yours, that shit is true tampering, IMHO.

Thx for the input. I wonder if we were responsible for one of Harbaugh's suspensions last year and it ws paybacks?

Maybe this year they wish they had Cade back?

But, still after a natty and your coach taking the heat for multiple transgressions, why bust the Hawkeyes on this one?

From what I have read, it wasn't any school or individual turning him in. There was speculation that some of Cade's own words implied early contact, leading to the NCAA investigation.

Thx for the input. I wonder if we were responsible for one of Harbaugh's suspensions last year and it ws paybacks?

Maybe this year they wish they had Cade back?

But, still after a natty and your coach taking the heat for multiple transgressions, why bust the Hawkeyes on this one?
I am almost certain Iowa did not turn in Michigan for the sign stealing scandal.

BTW, Michigan got its notice of allegations from the NCAA. The reporting is that Harbaugh and an assistant will be show caused with Level 1 charges, and that Sherrets will be suspended multiple games for deleting incriminating texts.

Depends on what you mean by ignore it. They didn't "ignore" Michigan's infractions they just ironically did nothing until Harbaugh left for the NFL and then decided it was time to make a ruling. The issue isn't the NCAA per say, it's how they go about doing their business and how their timing conveniently benefits some programs while it impacts others. It's also the consistency in which they operate. KF's contact with Cade was a violation and fortunately the acted appropriately with a self imposed suspension, however are they "investigating" the allegations Miami of Ohio made against Bama for illegally recruiting the kicker or are they going to just let it rest because DeBoer's said nothing illegal happened?

Last edited:

Latest posts