KF/BF/PP/LW

99topdawg

Quotes from the board (and I'm sure many that aren't on the board):

"This is KF's offense"
"It doesn't matter who the OC is, KF won't let him open it up"
"With KF and Iowa being so locked in on having to spend so much time developing the QB and having them know the offense to the T, Iowa could be screwed for some time"
"KF will replace him with somebody willing to run the offense Kirk wants to run"

Most everyone seems to think/know that KF has a lot of say in the offense and how it is run and, even if a new OC is brought in, he will handcuff them too.

My question is, does KF do the same thing to Parker and the defense or to Woods and the special teams? It seems like a stupid question, at least to me anyway.

So is KF really saying that PP is an awesome DC so I don't need to oversee his defense and LW is an awesome STC so I don't need to oversee his special teams, but Brian's not an awesome OC, so I have to oversee the offense? Shouldn't he be looking for an "awesome" OC?

It's an interesting question, especially when it's decided who plays on what units and who gets redshirted.

This is an old example, but I heard that Micah Hyde could have easily played WR but the coaches decided he would play defense, a decision that worked out well for Micah Hyde but it makes you wonder how much better Iowa's offense would have been with Hyde at WR and how much Iowa's defense would have been worse.

Similar discussion I am sure with who plays on special teams. Should special teams get Iowa's best players? Who ultimately decides that?

Similar discussion I am sure with who plays on special teams. Should special teams get Iowa's best players? Who ultimately decides that?
I've never thought about that. The fact that Jack Campbell (and others) play on special teams makes me wonder that as well.

I think KF knows BF wont embarrass him by forcing a change at QB. And he runs what papa says to run.
Embarrass Kirk? By making and change and possibly winning a game? Got news for KF, no one cares if you deviate from your original philosophy. As the late, great Al Davis once said, "Just win baby."

Latest posts