KF as CEO Type

SirEdHightower

I keep reading about KF as a CEO type, delegating power and decisions to his assistant coaches and the such. I don't really buy this at all. Regardless of coordinators, Iowa would still run the same base defense and offense. And KF will make any game-time decisions, not a whole lot of delegating going on.

This got me thinking. When Auburn recently played Alabama, at a critical time in the game, Auburn had a 4th and short. You saw Chizik walk towards Malzahn(OC) and you could read Malzahn's lips, he said, "let's go for it" and Chizik gave the go ahead. They subsequently got the first down. Chizik gave Malzahn a pat on the butt, like "good job, good call buddy." They ended up scoring on that drive and took the lead for good.

Like it or not, I don't think we would ever see something like this under KF. I cringe when I see all these fire O'Keefe posts because the guy isn't the one making the offensive decisions. For one, most of us are aware that O'Keefe ran a spread type offense when he was head coach.
For changes on the field/play selection/defensive type to be made there has to be a fundamental change in the philosophy at the top. The question is "is KF willing to adapt or change based on personnel and recent results?"

Think back to 2004 when Sam Brownlee started at RB the last six games. Did we still had the ball off 25+ times to him?

Also you should turn your radio on after the games and listen to KF on the post game shows. You would get your answer to major in-game decisions made.

Latest posts