Keys to Victory: How Hawkeyes Overcame Illinois

I thought all week this would our first win. Then the first half happened. I was just shaking my head. Then the guys fought back and pulled it out in the end. No matter how bad we have looked recently you have to tip your hat to them for no giving up in this game and showing some pride and some fight in them. Congratulations to them from the win. I will probably watch it again on my DVR. Hopefully this can be a turning point and a huge building block for the future.

Nunge must not be ready to take on the role ... Kriener did earn himself some minutes. The first half all Iowa had was Jordan and Cook....which is all they've had all season. 2nd half RK and Garza stepped up and gave them some help. It was nice to see, hope we see it more on a consistent basis.

Last edited:
Nunge must not be ready to take on the role ... Kriener did earn himself some minutes. The first half all Iowa had was Jordan and Cook....which is all they've had all season. 2nd half RK and Nunge stepped up and gave them some help. It was nice to see, hope we see it more on a consistent basis.

I assume you didn't mean to say Nunge? Garza probably?

whoops yep - fixed it. Iowa beat a bad team last night, but it was on the road, a place that Iowa has only won like 5 times in 30 years (it seems, but I bet that's close) and it was a win, period. I'll take it. No one should celebrate like we're back in the dance, but at the same time, it's nice to see and a lot of fsticks can give the 0-18 crap a rest.

A win is better than a loss in 99% of cases...unless you want a coach gone. It is good to see the team smile about something, even beating crappy Illinois.

You would think kreiner earned some more minutes but the next airball off the side of the bank board Fran will yank him and not go back to him. Yet he lets Pemsl stay out there for long stretches with zero production. These players have to be confused with their roles on the team. If the Illinois game went to triple OT and we had 11 guys foul out and we had four on the floor would he go to UHL or play with 4?

Latest posts