Kentucky Big Man Trey James Enjoys Virtual Visit with Hawkeyes

His highlight film is deceiving. It starts with seemingly every dunk he's ever had (and most look like the same two-handed jam). However, then it shifts over to seemingly every block he's ever had. Keep watching. By the end, you will see really great footwork, dexterity, and a nice touch on his jump shot. Not sure I've ever seen that combo in a 6'10" high schooler.

His blocked shot statistics are impressive. He already owns the state record with another season to play.

Looks like he shot 100% for the season. I can't see how he'd have ever missed a shot. haha jk. Clearly he'll get offers I'm pretty surprised he doesn't frankly

Shot blockers are always a huge benefit. I'd love to see him get an offer. It will be hard to land Wiznitzer.

His highlight film is deceiving. It starts with seemingly every dunk he's ever had (and most look like the same two-handed jam). However, then it shifts over to seemingly every block he's ever had. Keep watching. By the end, you will see really great footwork, dexterity, and a nice touch on his jump shot. Not sure I've ever seen that combo in a 6'10" high schooler.
Good body size, good athleticism. Looks like he's a foot taller than most people he's playing against though so tough to get a good read. Would be nice to see him as a Hawk though!

Fran says he’ll take one kid or possibly two next year. He is sure putting a lot of feelers out there for just one or two schollies. Payton Sandfort is at the top of our list. But what if Wiznitser and James both want to come to Iowa? Do you make room for them?

James hasn't been offered, so Iowa is not there yet with him. As of now, Iowa will only have Bohannon and Garza scholarships available for '21. If they redshirt multiple guys in the '20 class, which seems likely, they will be freshmen with the guys coming in for '21.

It's a fluid situation, for sure.

James hasn't been offered, so Iowa is not there yet with him. As of now, Iowa will only have Bohannon and Garza scholarships available for '21. If they redshirt multiple guys in the '20 class, which seems likely, they will be freshmen with the guys coming in for '21.

It's a fluid situation, for sure.
I fully expect Joe Wieskamp to be gone too. That’s why I’m speculating that we would have another schollie available.

I think there's a decent chance JW leaves, but I don't think Fran wants to sign 3 in '21 as things stand right now. Again, fluid situation and as of right now, I'd be surprised if he signs three in the early period.

I fully expect Joe Wieskamp to be gone too. That’s why I’m speculating that we would have another schollie available.
IMHO, He would have to have a pretty damn great season to go to the next level. [Like lead the B1G in scoring. Even then, theres no guarantee. Peter Jok lead the lead in scoring] Guys like him usually wind up in the G- League.

Latest posts