Kelly (Chip not Brian) to Eagles

I heard on Twitter, KF to Oregon.
Book it.

Can we get Tressel, you think?

Bold move by Kelly. Either he will become an innovation legend or he will fail miserably. He will not be average.

Bold move by Kelly. Either he will become an innovation legend or he will fail miserably. He will not be average.

That gimmick offense isn't going to work in the NFL..............you gonna pay Mike Vick 10 million dollars to watch him get hurt or let your NFL career ride on Nick Foles?

That gimmick offense isn't going to work in the NFL..............you gonna pay Mike Vick 10 million dollars to watch him get hurt or let your NFL career ride on Nick Foles?

Also, Jeff Lurie does not have Nike $. Chip the K is going to fail. I agree with 3 yrs and out.

Also, Jeff Lurie does not have Nike $. Chip the K is going to fail. I agree with 3 yrs and out.

Most likely. Plus, Philly is a meat grinder for coaches. Their fans are relentless. Win or lose Kelly will get paid, and he'll still be a hot commodity in NCAA.

Three years from now, UI could have a coaching job open.:rolleyes:

You may be right. However, the read-option is starting to become more prevalent and more successful in the NFL, when many believed that it was not well-suited for the NFL game, either. But time will tell on Kelly's offense.

Even if his offense doesn't work or he runs a more traditional offense, he still may be an in-game-management innovator, most likely via 4th down attempts.

Ferentz going to Oregon. Their fans will think something is wrong with their TV sets.

taxidriver-thumb-510x298-39091.gif

I'm no Eagles fan, I just like Chip Kelly and think he's a good coach. I don't think he'll do anywhere near as bad as some of you think, and I want compensation for foresight when it happens.

I have heard that Kelly's plan is to stock up on cheap, Joe Webb type QBs, who are quick and replaceable, and then invest the majority of the cap space on defense. The idea is that rotating QBs as they take punishment in his system will run the offense, and investing in the defense will give it depth as they tire from being on the field so often.

How he convinced a successful billionaire that this is a plan is more than ridiculous is beyond me though.

I have heard that Kelly's plan is to stock up on cheap, Joe Webb type QBs, who are quick and replaceable, and then invest the majority of the cap space on defense. The idea is that rotating QBs as they take punishment in his system will run the offense, and investing in the defense will give it depth as they tire from being on the field so often.

How he convinced a successful billionaire that this is a plan is more than ridiculous is beyond me though.

maybe he didn't convince anyone of this. maybe he never said any such thing and maybe it was a combination of rank speculation and a seconary source adding more speculation and a third layering more speculation and finally someone weaving it all together and then to your ears. But that's just speculation.

maybe he didn't convince anyone of this. maybe he never said any such thing and maybe it was a combination of rank speculation and a seconary source adding more speculation and a third layering more speculation and finally someone weaving it all together and then to your ears. But that's just speculation.

I trust my sources.