Keegan Murray goes off for 32 & 9

I watched a good portion of the game. Keegan had 14 points in the 1st quarter.

Even Charles Barkley was raving about Keegan's game. The Chuckster said while watching Keegan in college he never imagined he would have the NBA game he's got.

It's about time. This was supposed to be Keegan's breakout year. Where has he been all season?

I watched a good portion of the game. Keegan had 14 points in the 1st quarter.

Even Charles Barkley was raving about Keegan's game. The Chuckster said while watching Keegan in college he never imagined he would have the NBA game he's got.
Everyone knows Charles doesn't actually watch college basketball, come on Chuck!

Everyone knows Charles doesn't actually watch college basketball, come on Chuck!
Well, Keegan was the 4th overall pick in the NBA draft the year he was drafted, so at least the Kings thought Murray had the potential to develop into a superstar. So far I would say the Kings have seen mixed results from Murray but the potential is still clearly there.

When I checked in on a few Kings games this past season, Keegan pretty much just stood around behind the 3-pt line and waited for somebody to pass it to him. Last night, he looked like a completely different player -- driving the lane, rebounding, (trying to) play defense vs Curry & Thompson -- holy cow, it's like the coaches told him to go out there and play like his life depended on it. I remember last season the Kings' coach saying something along the lines that Keegan has so much untapped ability. He began to show it last night -- was really happy for him.
...and he never cracked a smile, even when they took him out of the game at the end.

I stayed up to watch it and I'm sure glad I did. He came out on fire and it was so freaking awesome. They ran him off screens and ran sets for him early and often. Not to mention he was defending Steph Freaking Curry much of the 1st half and held him to 5 pts. He and Ellis kinda split the responsibility much of the 2nd half but my gosh his defense was no less impressive as his offense and that's largely why they won like they did.

Loved Keegan's performance against GS but layed a dud against the Pelicans. Last year he was "untouchable" during trade talks, this year I think his name comes up much more often. Kings have really screwed themselves with draft picks and have no way to get better than to trade. Keegan might be moving on. But they love him in Sac Town.

Kings get eliminated in 2nd play-in game, losing to the pelicans. We'll, there is always next year

When I checked in on a few Kings games this past season, Keegan pretty much just stood around behind the 3-pt line and waited for somebody to pass it to him. Last night, he looked like a completely different player -- driving the lane, rebounding, (trying to) play defense vs Curry & Thompson -- holy cow, it's like the coaches told him to go out there and play like his life depended on it. I remember last season the Kings' coach saying something along the lines that Keegan has so much untapped ability. He began to show it last night -- was really happy for him.
...and he never cracked a smile, even when they took him out of the game at the end.
That's the King's offense, Sabonis is a passer and unselfish, but the other players often don't look to Keegan even when he's open. Fox doesn't really pass the ball and Keegan's job is to spread the court for Fox and Sabonis. The only thing stopping Keegan is Keegan. He has the red light to shoot and drive.

Kings get eliminated in 2nd play-in game, losing to the pelicans. We'll, there is always next year
Malik Monk went down about a month ago and the Kings sorely missed him. He is a Vinnie Johnson type who can come off the bench and heat up in a hurry.

That's the King's offense, Sabonis is a passer and unselfish, but the other players often don't look to Keegan even when he's open. Fox doesn't really pass the ball and Keegan's job is to spread the court for Fox and Sabonis. The only thing stopping Keegan is Keegan. He has the red light to shoot and drive.

Appears that Keegan is always open on the wings

Fox appears to have an ego problem

An unjustified ego problem

Loved Keegan's performance against GS but layed a dud against the Pelicans. Last year he was "untouchable" during trade talks, this year I think his name comes up much more often. Kings have really screwed themselves with draft picks and have no way to get better than to trade. Keegan might be moving on. But they love him in Sac Town.

To be fair, the Kings didn't win one game against the Pelicans all season. 0-4. Their closest game was a five point loss in November. The play-in game was the second closes loss.