Kansas, K-State, and Missouri Maybe to the Big East?

Hawkeyefan

Saw this posted on CyFan and thought it was interesting, this was posted on a Baylor board.

Kansas Jayhawks to the Big East? A columnist in Austin is says his sources say it may happen.

By Jason Johnson
published: Wed., Jan. 18 2010 @ 8:00AM

Could JayHawks be headed east? Maybe.

​The conference realignment talk apparently isn't ready to die, and the latest developement has the Kansas Jayhawks looking east, and taking Missouri, and Kansas St with them to the Big East Conference.

Austin American-Statesman columnist Kirk Bohls dropped two sentences in his Sunday column that describes how the University of Kansas is being proactive and currently in talks with the Big East about a possible jump from the Big 12 to the Big East, sometime in the near future. Kansas athletic administration officials are very intrigued and excited about possible membership for Kansas basketball in a Big East Conf that would totally dominate college basketball, with the addition of Ku, Ksu, and Mizzou.

From Bohls' column:

I keep hearing Kansas is talking to the Big East. Who would blame the Jayhawks for looking, since they were nearly left out in the last realignment merry-go-round by Texas Longhorns a few others?

Should Texas decide to go independent or bolt for the Pac-10(12), then the North schools like Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri and will need to find new homes. Kansas isnt willing to wait for the other shoe to fall apparently. Their new home could be -- and almost was -- the Big East.

On his weekly radio show, Jayhawks basketball coach Bill Self confirmed that KU along with Missouri, and Kansas State were and are ready to go to the Big East. Via CBS Sports:

To be honest with you, Kansas could be making the same announcement that TCU made recently. Kansas State will in there too, when the conference realignment was going on, Kansas and Kansas State made it clear they will not separate.

So if and when this happens, I think it's a smart move, and probably really great for BigEast newcomer TCU too, so I see no problems with it.

That's good news for KU, KSU and MIZZOU, schools that could end up in non-automatic qualifier conferences if they dont do something proactive now.

Saw this posted on CyFan and thought it was interesting, this was posted on a Baylor board.

Kansas Jayhawks to the Big East? A columnist in Austin is says his sources say it may happen.

By Jason Johnson
published: Wed., Jan. 18 2010 @ 8:00AM

Could JayHawks be headed east? Maybe.

​The conference realignment talk apparently isn't ready to die, and the latest developement has the Kansas Jayhawks looking east, and taking Missouri, and Kansas St with them to the Big East Conference.

Austin American-Statesman columnist Kirk Bohls dropped two sentences in his Sunday column that describes how the University of Kansas is being proactive and currently in talks with the Big East about a possible jump from the Big 12 to the Big East, sometime in the near future. Kansas athletic administration officials are very intrigued and excited about possible membership for Kansas basketball in a Big East Conf that would totally dominate college basketball, with the addition of Ku, Ksu, and Mizzou.

From Bohls' column:

I keep hearing Kansas is talking to the Big East. Who would blame the Jayhawks for looking, since they were nearly left out in the last realignment merry-go-round by Texas Longhorns a few others?

Should Texas decide to go independent or bolt for the Pac-10(12), then the North schools like Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri and will need to find new homes. Kansas isnt willing to wait for the other shoe to fall apparently. Their new home could be -- and almost was -- the Big East.

On his weekly radio show, Jayhawks basketball coach Bill Self confirmed that KU along with Missouri, and Kansas State were and are ready to go to the Big East. Via CBS Sports:

To be honest with you, Kansas could be making the same announcement that TCU made recently. Kansas State will in there too, when the conference realignment was going on, Kansas and Kansas State made it clear they will not separate.

So if and when this happens, I think it's a smart move, and probably really great for BigEast newcomer TCU too, so I see no problems with it.

That's good news for KU, KSU and MIZZOU, schools that could end up in non-automatic qualifier conferences if they dont do something proactive now.

That was also noted on CF.

Latest posts