JW needs that other wing shooter on other side of court

uihawk82

or else teams are just going to play JW tight and overplay him coming around screens because opponents not afraid of ball reversals to another good shooter.

C'mon CJ get that ankle healed as the announcers said it was an ugly sprain but it was a low sprain. We have all had bad sprains and know how hard it is to recover.

or else teams are just going to play JW tight and overplay him coming around screens because opponents not afraid of ball reversals to another good shooter.

C'mon CJ get that ankle healed as the announcers said it was an ugly sprain but it was a low sprain. We have all had bad sprains and know how hard it is to recover.
Low sprain? I've heard it was a high one?

Going by what the announcers said who talked to CJ. Maybe they are dolts.
CJs uncle said it was a high sprain, but it was the day after it happened. Either it was diagnosed wrong originally or Tim Miles was wrong. I assume the latter.

Glad you mentioned that about the other wing. Teams can only slow Garza, not stop him. JW is getting a lot of pressure.

CJs uncle said it was a high sprain, but it was the day after it happened. Either it was diagnosed wrong originally or Tim Miles was wrong. I assume the latter.
The fact that Tim Miles was behind the mike instead of prowling the sidelines would seem to indicate that he is wrong often.

But the OP has a fair point. Wiesy couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at Nebraska without Fred. Would have to go back to see about Maryland.

JW had a tough defender on him that was making it very difficult to create any space. I agree in that he needs CJ back to help take some pressure off of him.

I'm starting to believe less and less that JW will leave for the NBA. Even his drives to the hoop have looked terrible lately. If you can't shake your defender or drive past them then the NBA isn't for you.

JW had someone glued to his jersey the whole game. He really had very little time to get off three point shot attempts. And when he drove he had Gophers all over him too. He did try to force some drives but forcing things is not the answer, as he found out.
I can't fault his game, they had his number all day when defending him. But he played 36 minutes, had 8 rebounds and played solid defense the whole game. He is also a reason they can't collapse on Garza when he is on that side of the floor. Like Conner McCaffrey, he does a lot of other things that helped the team win.

JW had someone glued to his jersey the whole game. He really had very little time to get off three point shot attempts. And when he drove he had Gophers all over him too. He did try to force some drives but forcing things is not the answer, as he found out.
I can't fault his game, they had his number all day when defending him. But he played 36 minutes, had 8 rebounds and played solid defense the whole game. He is also a reason they can't collapse on Garza when he is on that side of the floor. Like Conner McCaffrey, he does a lot of other things that helped the team win.

I am not faulting JW at all as really he is the only other outside threat beside Garza. Garza is mostly inside so without that third shooter JW is going to get a lot of attention. As a hawk fan you really wish a pretty good shooter like Moss would have stayed for his last year instead of chasing a ring at KU. And the jBo injury is another top notch shooter that could help spread the floor for JW.

I noticed at the start of the 2nd half and a few times later they were trying to post up JW on the low block and he had position a few times but never got the ball. That is a good plan to take that perimeter defender down low but the hawk guards need to get him the ball.

Moss would have been the perfect player to play with Bohannon, CJ, Wieskamp, and Garza. Raining 3s and watching Garza get 30 per game.

I am not faulting JW at all as really he is the only other outside threat beside Garza. Garza is mostly inside so without that third shooter JW is going to get a lot of attention. As a hawk fan you really wish a pretty good shooter like Moss would have stayed for his last year instead of chasing a ring at KU. And the jBo injury is another top notch shooter that could help spread the floor for JW.

I noticed at the start of the 2nd half and a few times later they were trying to post up JW on the low block and he had position a few times but never got the ball. That is a good plan to take that perimeter defender down low but the hawk guards need to get him the ball.

Each and every game there are a few occasions that JoeW is open and doesn't get the ball

He maybe gets a look and the ball is dribbled or passed away

:cool:

Last edited:
Wieskamp needs to shoot the ball. He had space a few times and with his length he doesn’t need much. Shoot 3s and then a few of your drives will open up.

Wieskamp needs to shoot the ball. He had space a few times and with his length he doesn’t need much. Shoot 3s and then a few of your drives will open up.

Him and Kriener have something in common. None of their 3s are even close lately.

Latest posts