Just Wondering

Good win for the Hawks yesterday. However, the 2nd half might be a glimpse of what awaits them when they go to Happy Valley. The team will need to put two good halves together in order to get a win out there. I got to wondering while watching how BJ, Roy M, Ed H and the rest of the guys on that 87 team felt watching a game in their honor played by current Hawk players wearing throwback unis from the Lute Olsen/George Raveling era. Maybe they didn't mind since most of them were recruited by Coach Raveling.

To an extent I think teams that are down 20 get a little more relaxed and shoot more freely. PSU is not a good 3 point shooting team and they shot 32 of them. They made a LOT in the 2nd half. They were down 20 and trying to get back into the game. If you see a closer game I don't think they make all those shots, to be honest. They shot around 50% in the 2nd half. I would say it was more of an anomaly than anything.

Frankly, I would have been surprised if PSU hadn't gotten red hot from the 3-point line.
Everyone seems to against us, no matter how well we play defense.

Latest posts