Just once I'd like to ref a game for Izzo

No kidding, he is a puke and he learner from a puke in Heathcote who I saw in person walking all over the Iowa court while the clock was running for a whole game pointing and telling his players where to position themselves and the refs did nothing. WTF.

He wouldn't last long.

during pregame i'd walk up to izzo and say: "good luck tonight coach. you open your mouth and utter a single syllable and i'm tossing you. if any of your ast coaches speak one word, they're gone too. if your players score points, they're ejected. again, good luck tonight, coach."

Who else wanted to puke in the 2nd half last night when they showed Izzo and that ref laughing on the sideline? I mean puke. He spent the first 30 minutes of the gamed irate and screaming at them, they get the lead late in the 2nd half and man, it's all jokes and funny time. Puke.

Are we really critiquing a coach's sideline antics visa vie the refs? Really? Us? Iowa? Fran's team? Really?

Look, I do not like Izzo either, but the guy is a national champion and a Hall of Fame coach for a reason. He is brilliant in how he works the refs and his team. He knows right where the lines are, walks up to them, but usually stays just outside of where the refs T him up or start making calls against him.

He gets calls now because of his sideline skills and because of his earned reputation in the league as a great coach. That is reality. We can all hate it, but let's not pretend its not effective and something I hope Fran can better master.

Are we really critiquing a coach's sideline antics visa vie the refs? Really? Us? Iowa? Fran's team? Really?

Look, I do not like Izzo either, but the guy is a national champion and a Hall of Fame coach for a reason. He is brilliant in how he works the refs and his team. He knows right where the lines are, walks up to them, but usually stays just outside of where the refs T him up or start making calls against him.

He gets calls now because of his sideline skills and because of his earned reputation in the league as a great coach. That is reality. We can all hate it, but let's not pretend its not effective and something I hope Fran can better master.
I don’t want to speak for anyone else. But I think he looks like an idiot. It doesn’t even bother me that much anymore because I think he and the refs embarrass themselves.

And the talking heads saying MSU is going to make a run, be Big 10 champs, etc. is nonsense IMO. They are lacking in so many areas. They will likely finish 12-8...like half the conference it seems.

I don’t want to speak for anyone else. But I think he looks like an idiot. It doesn’t even bother me that much anymore because I think he and the refs embarrass themselves.

And the talking heads saying MSU is going to make a run, be Big 10 champs, etc. is nonsense IMO. They are lacking in so many areas. They will likely finish 12-8...like half the conference it seems.

I agree that MSU isn't going far this year, maybe the round of 32. Get them out of Breslin Ctr and they are not going far. Maryland will tear them up on Saturday.

I agree that MSU isn't going far this year, maybe the round of 32. Get them out of Breslin Ctr and they are not going far. Maryland will tear them up on Saturday.
I can virtually guarantee I will be betting MD in that game. The spread will be lower than it should be. And someone mentioned Garza looking tired in another thread. I think Winston looks tired.

Agreed that was one of the least scary Michigan State teams I remember playing in a long time. I think we beat them on a neutral court 8 out of 10 times.

I would love to ignore him, laugh it up with the other coach like he's a rock star, stand next to him the whole game, explain every call to him, and T up Izzo when he freaks out. Oh, I would call every foul I saw too, game would end when all the MSU players fouled out.

He's not technically breaking any rules. If it works and you get the calls, I'd do it too. He knows it's worth 5-6 points a game, him working the refs. He'd be a fool to start trying to be a choir boy on the court.

Who cares. It bothers me during the game sure but is it really worth complaining about afterwards? MSU is a superior program. They have probably the best PG in the country. He beat us. The refs weren’t that bad. Izzo has been doing this forever, it’s never going to change. We almost won. Whatever. We’d beat them at home. Too bad we don’t get the opportunity to see Izzo cry some more.

The fact that "he's good at working the refs" is even a thing is a joke. How did "working the refs" ever become part of basketball? It's a joke.

636035100271943636-1393857321000-120831.JPG

bobby-knight-throwing-chair-gif-1.gif

Latest posts