Josh McDaniels

BlckNGldHwk

Just because I'm bored of the legal garbage...what would you think of bringing in McDaniels as the offensive coordinator and relegating KOK to QB coach?

Has McDaniels even coached at the college level? What would be his connection to Iowa? I also doubt KOK would be willing to accept a demotion.

Which assistant would you fire to make room for him on the staff?

How would you re-organize the coaching org chart to make room for a QB coach on the staff?

People keep forgetting that KOK runs the offense the way he does because that's the way KF *wants* him to run it. In the .00000001% chance that KF replaces KOK and hires Josh McDaniels, he would be told to run the same offense with the same overall philosophy: vanilla, execute better than your opponent, be conservative and safe, hope the other team makes the mistakes, 50/50 run/pass.

To change the offense you will have to get rid of KF, and I don't think many are ready for that yet. At least I hope not!

We could bring in Mike Martz, Don Coryell, and Bill Walsh to run our offense and you're still going to see lots of 2 TE sets and the power I. We"ll still run to set up the play action. The most creative thing you'll see is an end around to the short side of the field.

Just because I'm bored of the legal garbage...what would you think of bringing in McDaniels as the offensive coordinator and relegating KOK to QB coach?

I think that is the worst part of this whole idea. KOK doesn't do much to develop the mechanics of the QB, he's an Xs and Os guy. They should just replace him. I'm all for Chuck Long.

I think that is the worst part of this whole idea. KOK doesn't do much to develop the mechanics of the QB, he's an Xs and Os guy. They should just replace him. I'm all for Chuck Long.

Don't think that Chuck Long is the answer. His track record the last 4-5 years leaves something to desire as a coach. Great player ; subpar coach.

Don't think that Chuck Long is the answer. His track record the last 4-5 years leaves something to desire as a coach. Great player ; subpar coach.

You mean as San Diego St.'s HC or KU's OC. Both not the greatest positions to be in. However when he was QB coach at OU they won a national championhsip. I guess it has to do with the talent level, and I'd say Iowa is inbetween those 2 programs at the respective time periods.

You mean as San Diego St.'s HC or KU's OC. Both not the greatest positions to be in. However when he was QB coach at OU they won a national championhsip. I guess it has to do with the talent level, and I'd say Iowa is inbetween those 2 programs at the respective time periods.

I agree, at OU when he was OC/QB coach he helped develop a heisman trophy winner and some pretty good QB's that didn't have a lot of big name recognition. Granted, alot of coaches aren't head coach material but are great coordinators!

McDaniel's pedigree is in the pros. He will stay at that level. He will probably get an OC position somewhere and return to HC position eventually. I think he will be very good someday. The Broncos--- a) didn't have anymore time to let him get through his learning curve (although I would of liked to see one more year with the help of)---b) he was not given a separate manager of operations and was just too in overhead at his experience level.

The money would probably not be right either. Nor all the egos involved. Nor as other posters indicated, the O philosophy would not greatly change.

People keep forgetting that KOK runs the offense the way he does because that's the way KF *wants* him to run it. In the .00000001% chance that KF replaces KOK and hires Josh McDaniels, he would be told to run the same offense with the same overall philosophy: vanilla, execute better than your opponent, be conservative and safe, hope the other team makes the mistakes, 50/50 run/pass.

To change the offense you will have to get rid of KF, and I don't think many are ready for that yet. At least I hope not!

Personally, I want to KEEP the current Offensive scheme and change the OC to someone who can run it efficiently and put points on the board. You don't have to run a spread to score points and "conservative" does NOT mean the same thing as "low scoring." Too many fans have confused the two for far too long - because quite frankly KOK has run the Offense so poorly that is what some fans have come to think KF wants: a low score.

I refuse to believe that KF or any other head coach does not want to score points. KOK simply is not getting that job done inside the Iowa system. He may be the most bestest DIII spread coach in the world - but he isn't a good fit for Iowa's offensive scheme and his production (or lack thereof) proves it.

Latest posts