Josh Dix A Student of the Game

Older fans may remember another Hawkeye who's skill set was similar to Josh and also had to recover from a broken leg.

Paul Lusk.

But the team that Paul came back to after his year of recovery wasn't the same one he was part of when he broke the leg. They had been through the wars and he hadn't.

It was a shame. Paul had quickly established himself amongst a pile of new bodies and ascended to a starting position by the third or fourth game. Then he broke the leg and guys like Val Barnes and Rodell Davis got a chance to establish themselves. Paul transferred to Southern Illinois but remaind close enough to some of the players on the team that he was a pall bearer in Chris Street's funeral. To the best of my knowledge Paul is coaching somewhere as of today.

Older fans may remember another Hawkeye who's skill set was similar to Josh and also had to recover from a broken leg.

Paul Lusk.

But the team that Paul came back to after his year of recovery wasn't the same one he was part of when he broke the leg. They had been through the wars and he hadn't.

It was a shame. Paul had quickly established himself amongst a pile of new bodies and ascended to a starting position by the third or fourth game. Then he broke the leg and guys like Val Barnes and Rodell Davis got a chance to establish themselves. Paul transferred to Southern Illinois but remaind close enough to some of the players on the team that he was a pall bearer in Chris Street's funeral. To the best of my knowledge Paul is coaching somewhere as of today.

Well that was a cheerful post. Or should I say tearful. I still remember in disbelief that night as it came across the news about Chris.

Latest posts