Josh Brown & David Cato to leave program

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder

*********************** *********************************************************************** January 20, 2010

TWO HAWKEYES TO LEAVE

*********** IOWA CITY, IA – University of Iowa freshman running back Josh Brown and sophomore defensive back David Cato have decided to leave the University of Iowa.

*********** Brown was a 5-11, 200-pounder from St. Petersburg, FL. Cato was a 5-11, 205-pounder from Arlington, TX. Both have indicated they will transfer to schools closer to home.

Rather shocked at the Cato decision given he would probably compete for time next year. Not surprised at Brown's decision as we have a truck load of RBs next season.

And Hawkeyeinsider reported Ferentz declined an in-home visit with Seantrel Henderson. Somewhat of a rough day for football. We need help at OL and losing experience at DB won't help either.

Rather shocked at the Cato decision given he would probably compete for time next year. Not surprised at Brown's decision as we have a truck load of RBs next season.

And Hawkeyeinsider reported Ferentz declined an in-home visit with Seantrel Henderson. Somewhat of a rough day for football. We need help at OL and losing experience at DB won't help either.

Um, perhaps you should trust Kirk Ferentz. I think he might know a little bit more about the game than you.

If he cancels a visit, I would guess it to be for a very good reason.

That is all.

Sucks that they are leaving but I think Cato saw that he wasn't going to get much more PT then he did this year and wanted to go somewhere else, can't say that I can blame him but sucks since he clearly showed he was a good player.

Wish them both the best.

Sucks that they are leaving but I think Cato saw that he wasn't going to get much more PT then he did this year and wanted to go somewhere else, can't say that I can blame him but sucks since he clearly showed he was a good player.

Wish them both the best.

Agree..........#31 was a good player........cannot really see how transferring now makes much sense for David, however I wish him well.

Latest posts