Jordan Lomax hardest hitter since Sanders?

ottoman89

I've been thinking about this for awhile, but it seems to me that we haven't had a Safety hit like Lomax since.. Sanders.

Not saying that Lomax will be the next Bob Sanders but I'm pretty dang impressed by his play.

I think Lomax will end up shifting to Strong Safety next year and Gair will take the free safety spot. With King and Mabin at CB, that could.be one salty defensive backfield.

I haven't watched him all that closely this year, so maybe he is the hardest hitter since the Hitman. But Bernstine could lay the lumber, too.

I haven't watched him all that closely this year, so maybe he is the hardest hitter since the Hitman. But Bernstine could lay the lumber, too.

It's unfortunate that he never lived up to his recruited hype.

I remember watching his High School film, I could have bet my life on the fact that he was going to be the next Bob Sanders. He just couldn't put it all together.

Marcus Paschal was a pretty solid hitter.Tyler Sash was pretty good too. Haven't seen him make a huge hit yet to put him on the list. Even the hit that got him kicked out wasn't a clean hit. I hope we're talking about him being in that ballpark by years end. That would be huge.

I remember watching his High School film, I could have bet my life on the fact that he was going to be the next Bob Sanders. He just couldn't put it all together.

Sometimes good players get stuck behind good stories.

Marcus Paschal was a pretty solid hitter.Tyler Sash was pretty good too. Haven't seen him make a huge hit yet to put him on the list. Even the hit that got him kicked out wasn't a clean hit. I hope we're talking about him being in that ballpark by years end. That would be huge.

Well that's the problem. At least half of Sanders' hits would get him flagged and/or kicked out in today's game. We may never know if Lomax hits like Sanders because he's not allowed to.

Bob use to crush people and may be one of the hardest hitters to ever play for Iowa. Lomax is probably a distant 2nd since I can't remember anybody since or before Sanders that hit hard.

Bob could close in on the ball like nobody I've seen play for Iowa except maybe Sash. Put those two together and he was a monster.

AdamHawk is right though in the end, he wouldn't be playing much riding the bench from illegal hits.

Abdul Hodge could really lay the wood.
Jayme Murphy's knock out hit of the Wisconsn kick returner showed what he could do.
Then, there was the Bruggeman? kid from Bettendorf, who would regularly Blow people up on
Special teams........He played at same time as Drew Tate.....#51, I think.
I hope Jordan Lomax hits like these guys........Defense needs that attitude, this year

Well that's the problem. At least half of Sanders' hits would get him flagged and/or kicked out in today's game. We may never know if Lomax hits like Sanders because he's not allowed to.

Of all the important issues of the day, this one isn't worth arguing about. But what the heck... I never saw Bob as a head hunter, just a hard, hard, hard hitter. It was the repeated, sledge hammer type blows to the legs that opposing runners hated, that and filling holes hard.

I really cant remember any high hits on 'defenseless receivers' over the middle. I'm sure there were some, but don't think that was the intimidation factor in his game....it was just the pain and speed brought on every single play.

Carry on

Bob use to crush people and may be one of the hardest hitters to ever play for Iowa. Lomax is probably a distant 2nd since I can't remember anybody since or before Sanders that hit hard.

Bob could close in on the ball like nobody I've seen play for Iowa except maybe Sash. Put those two together and he was a monster.

AdamHawk is right though in the end, he wouldn't be playing much riding the bench from illegal hits.

The Stoops boys could lay some lumber on people. They would just leave their feet and be a guided missile.

Maybe I'm confusing lomax with gair but I thought it was gair that I saw last week against Pitt with some crushing hits? Maybe it was both? There were a handful of hits from a db that were def pad popping.

Maybe I'm confusing lomax with gair but I thought it was gair that I saw last week against Pitt with some crushing hits? Maybe it was both? There were a handful of hits from a db that were def pad popping.

Are you thinking first or second half?
First half Gair, second half Lomax (most likely).

Abdul Hodge could really lay the wood.
Jayme Murphy's knock out hit of the Wisconsn kick returner showed what he could do.
Then, there was the Bruggeman? kid from Bettendorf, who would regularly Blow people up on
Special teams........He played at same time as Drew Tate.....#51, I think.
I hope Jordan Lomax hits like these guys........Defense needs that attitude, this year

I think you're thinking of Zach Gabelmann. He was the wedgebuster a year or two before starting at LB.

He was injured a lot and I think he did some time in kirks dog house after his arrest.

Latest posts