JonDieselMiller

OUTofTOWNHAWK

I know you set some new rules. I also know you have been on me for stirring the pot.

At least I dont call out players. Check out these stupid *** fans and what they are calling JVB.

This has been going on this whole year.....now its getting worse.
This is ********.

They are college kids you stupid bastards.

Man you fools love Kirk, and nothing should be said about him. Then you turn around and start the name calling on a college kid?

Yikes.

Agreed I'm one month older than Jvb and I don't understand how mature these guys can be on this big of a stage. Lay of jvb ok if your gonna lose your head over a 21 year olds decisions then you need to check your priorities. Calling him names makes you look ignorant and incompetent.

completely agree. do i think he is struggling of course. but to take it as far as some do is just uncalled for. if he can get insync we are far from out of it.

Time for the banhammer JonDieselMiller this is sick. Not only calling college kids out but the names they are calling him.

Send me links to threads please. My email is below. I will look into it after the game and take appropriate actions

I don't blame JVB, i blame the coaching staff for not developing him into a very good QB, the coaching staff needs to take the blame on this one.....

Nothing against the rules for saying THEY suck arse!

BTW, I think KF is overpaid and he needs to go, along with KOK. They are the problems. I don't blame the kids.....

But everytime i say that i get the "we are lucky we are as good as we are, if we fire him, it will be like tom davis all over again!!!!"

Pathetic.

We just need a change, the sooner the better.

They are college kids you stupid bastards.

It's Jon's site, and he does set the rules here. And if that means no calling out players, so be it.

But let's not kid ourselves: these guys are not kids. They're all 18, and some of them are as old as 23.

Yeah, it's stupid to rag on them, regardless. But then, it's a stupid game that we all waste our time watching and discussing, so let's not get all high and mighty about any of it.

I agree that Vandy shouldnt be called names. But nobody likes a snitch either outoftownhawk. How can you get away with calling anybody stupid *** bastards on this forum? Isnt that hypocritical of you?
Snitch to Jon about name calling while doing some name calling of your own. Choose your words better

Men his age are dying overseas so he or the other players are hardly kids. Many men his same age are married and working to support a family while he plays football. And college football is hardly "just a game anymore." Coaches are paid a great amount of money to win...bottom line, win. Players are recruited to win football games, not hang out in bars. We all know that most of the players take as easy a major and schedule of courses as they possibly can. We also know that the degree, if they get one, is not going to help them much in their future in most cases. These "kids" are recruited to play football and win games, academics are second hand and a nuisance for many of the players. They are there to play football to get a chance to play in the NFL. Coaches even encourage players to take as easy a major a possible so they can spend more time with football. A tough major cuts into football time.

The criticism goes with the position. It is all great and sassy when a player does great things but he is only a kid and should not be criticized when he doesn't produce. Like I said, "kids" the same age are in the heat of battle dying and people get upset if a QB or any other kid playing football gets criticized. If he can't handle the heat, he needs to get out of the fire...just like our coaches.

Iowa fans are no different (although many would like to think they are) than fans of any other college football team. If a player does well he is idolized by grownup men; if he doesn't play well, he is criticized. If the players and coaches don't like the criticism, then they need to change don't they.

What happens when you are criticized at work...do you continue to do the same thing over and over or do you change. What happens if you do not change? Does the boss say, "oh, you are only 20 or 21, I dare not criticize you because you are only a kid." No, you change. If you do not you are replaced or fired...there are no guarantees in life.

Just because you play football at Iowa and fans put you on a pedestal doesn't mean much because they can and do tear that pedestal down just as quickly. That simply is how the sports world works.

I agree that Vandy shouldnt be called names. But nobody likes a snitch either outoftownhawk.

I appreciate people who bring things like this to my attention. There are thousands of posts and I cannot read them all, so I need the help.

In the new message board software we will go to, there won't be a need for posts like this. Each thread that is made will have a 'report' button on it, that will allow people to anonymously alert me that a post needs looking into.

Of course, this will create an opportunity for something like this to be abused. We will lay out specific rules and guidelines...and if people misuse this feature, they'll face 'disciplinary actions' too.

Men his age are dying overseas so he or the other players are hardly kids. Many men his same age are married and working to support a family while he plays football. And college football is hardly "just a game anymore." Coaches are paid a great amount of money to win...bottom line, win. Players are recruited to win football games, not hang out in bars. We all know that most of the players take as easy a major and schedule of courses as they possibly can. We also know that the degree, if they get one, is not going to help them much in their future in most cases. These "kids" are recruited to play football and win games, academics are second hand and a nuisance for many of the players. They are there to play football to get a chance to play in the NFL. Coaches even encourage players to take as easy a major a possible so they can spend more time with football. A tough major cuts into football time.

The criticism goes with the position. It is all great and sassy when a player does great things but he is only a kid and should not be criticized when he doesn't produce. Like I said, "kids" the same age are in the heat of battle dying and people get upset if a QB or any other kid playing football gets criticized. If he can't handle the heat, he needs to get out of the fire...just like our coaches.

Iowa fans are no different (although many would like to think they are) than fans of any other college football team. If a player does well he is idolized by grownup men; if he doesn't play well, he is criticized. If the players and coaches don't like the criticism, then they need to change don't they.

What happens when you are criticized at work...do you continue to do the same thing over and over or do you change. What happens if you do not change? Does the boss say, "oh, you are only 20 or 21, I dare not criticize you because you are only a kid." No, you change. If you do not you are replaced or fired...there are no guarantees in life.

Just because you play football at Iowa and fans put you on a pedestal doesn't mean much because they can and do tear that pedestal down just as quickly. That simply is how the sports world works.

The players are unpaid amateurs which is why it's classless, and off limits on this board, to bash them. Must this really need to be explained to you?

Latest posts