Jon Miller..Is it more important to be right, or the Hawkeyes win.

ICbornNraised

You picked Indiana to upset Iowa this year. As a fan, now you are hedged. So the question is...are you more satisfied when the Hawks win, or when your predictions are correct?

I was certain that I had AIDS, so I took an AIDS test. It came up negative, and that disappointed me because it proved that my prediction was wrong. I would have been so much happier to just have AIDS.

I was certain that I had AIDS, so I took an AIDS test. It came up negative, and that disappointed me because it proved that my prediction was wrong. I would have been so much happier to just have AIDS.

You are the Jack Handey of HN. ;)

Um I am pretty sure, obviously ANY HAWK fan would rather see the hawks win then have their predictions happen. This question is pointless.

When life gives you aids, you make lemonaids.

When life gives you aids, you make lemonaids.

gif_smiley+laugh.gif

You picked Indiana to upset Iowa this year. As a fan, now you are hedged. So the question is...are you more satisfied when the Hawks win, or when your predictions are correct?

LOL. Predictions are just something that is fun to do. While I put a lot of time and thought into them, I'd much rather Iowa win every game. The fan in me wants that, and the post game call in show radio host in me REALLY wants that.

PS: after feeling all winter and spring this was a 7-5 team, I finally sat down to make my pics, along with every Big Ten team's games, just this past weekend. I was surprised at what I came up with for Iowa...so much so that I needed to reel it in. I felt that they'd lose one of the games at either NW or Indiana, and chose Indiana because of what NW lost.

I've bet agin the Hawks before, lost that bet, and walked away happier than if I'd won it.

The last wager I ever made was against Iowa back in like 1999. I think Penn State was on some crazy roll heading into Kinnick and Iowa was a 28.5 pt dog or something. PSU had just rolled someone the week before...so I took PSU.

PSU had first and goal late in the game inside Iowa 5. If they score the TD, they cover. They got a holding penalty and backed it up...and Paterno just ran the ball into the line four straight times...didn't score or run it it. Lost the wager.

I hated that feeling of rooting for the money over Iowa to win..so that is why it was my last wager. If I ever wager again, it won't be on a game against Iowa.

The last wager I ever made was against Iowa back in like 1999. I think Penn State was on some crazy roll heading into Kinnick and Iowa was a 28.5 pt dog or something. PSU had just rolled someone the week before...so I took PSU.

PSU had first and goal late in the game inside Iowa 5. If they score the TD, they cover. They got a holding penalty and backed it up...and Paterno just ran the ball into the line four straight times...didn't score or run it it. Lost the wager.

I hated that feeling of rooting for the money over Iowa to win..so that is why it was my last wager. If I ever wager again, it won't be on a game against Iowa.

That's a good call. Would be too hard to root for both sides. I am not a fan of nfl except for fantasy football. I think this makes it a lot more fun for me.

I've bet agin the Hawks before, lost that bet, and walked away happier than if I'd won it.

In '94 or '95 I picked Michigan to cover the spread against Iowa in a 3 game parlay. My picks covered the other two games so if Michigan covered I would win the parlay.

It got to the point in the 4th quarter where Iowa had an outside chance of winning the game or Michigan could possibly cover the spread.

That was the first and last time I bet against the Hawks.

I never bet against the Hawks or Bears. Never have and never will. Too much of a conflict of interest on that for me.
I will occasionally bet on either team, but am not much of a gambler.

A primary rule of sports gambling. Never bet on "your" team. Emotion clouds your judgement.

I usually don't...I only bet agin Iowa when it was part of a parlay.

An even better rule is don't bet on anything and use the money on a nice bottle of Patron instead.

Latest posts