John Lickliter shouldn't see the court for the rest of the game.

Does Doyle work with the basketball team? Cougill could certainly use some weight training, and Lil Lick too

It HIT HIM IN THE HANDS.

We don't blame dropped passes on Ricky Stanzi, do we?

Not going to argue with you Shada. You can defend Lick all you want but he is not a D-1 point guard and shouldn't see the court. IMO Gatens can bring the ball up the court or heck May could probably do it.

I want to know which clown offical called the foul there on Cole when the guy wen to the hole lost the ball and screamed and the ref called it just because he yelled what a tool.

Not going to argue with you Shada. You can defend Lick all you want but he is not a D-1 point guard and shouldn't see the court. IMO Gatens can bring the ball up the court or heck May could probably do it.

I'm hardly defending him, just saying that that particular turnover wasn't all his fault and wasn't nearly as bad as the last two that Iowa has had, with Cole throwing it nobody and then Cougs throwing cross-court out of bounds.

The big beef after Saturday was that Lickliter got too many minutes in a game where Iowa got the **** kicked out of them.

Tonight it'll be that Lickliter had one turnover and considerably less minutes in a game where Iowa kept it close.

The big beef after Saturday was that Lickliter got too many minutes in a game where Iowa got the **** kicked out of them.

Tonight it'll be that Lickliter had one turnover and considerably less minutes in a game where Iowa kept it close.

Or the fact he can't play a lick of defense what so ever....

Or the fact he can't play a lick of defense what so ever....

He hasn't been on the floor a whole lot tonight, so he hasn't much of a chance to hurt the team and give you folks something to complain about.

You know what really sucks? Iowa has left at least 6 points at the free throw line, and they're about to leave two more.

Edit: I'll be damned, Cole made 'em both.

He hasn't been on the floor a whole lot tonight, so he hasn't much of a chance to hurt the team and give you folks something to complain about.

You know what really sucks? Iowa has left at least 6 points at the free throw line, and they're about to leave two more.

ORLY, what about the stretch in the first half he comes in the Illy Fresh PG comes in and drops 8 on him in 3 possessions?

I can feel the tension in the air. This team gets the posters jumping down each others throats. Ban together and get Lick canned.

ORLY, what about the stretch in the first half he comes in the Illy Fresh PG comes in and drops 8 on him in 3 possessions?

He wasn't on the floor after that, was he? Todd pulled him pretty quick, and John has only seen the floor one time in the 2nd half, and that was for about two minutes.

If the chief complaint going into this game was John getting too many minutes, you folks shouldn't have anything to complain about tonight.

He had 2 assists and 1 turnover in six minutes. I don't see the problem with that. You guys are acting like complete ****** bags and make the rest of the fanbase look the same.

I got a special chuckle out of the guy who blamed lick for passing the ball to Cougill "when he wasn't looking for it". Guess what asshat, he should have been looking for it. My high school coach used to pay guards a buck each and every time they hit bigs in the head with a ball they werent looking for. If you aren't "looking for it" you have no business being out there. He's our leading 3 point shooter for christ sake, if he's open behind the arc he should be looking for the ball.

He had 2 assists and 1 turnover in six minutes. I don't see the problem with that. You guys are acting like complete ****** bags and make the rest of the fanbase look the same.

I got a special chuckle out of the guy who blamed lick for passing the ball to Cougill "when he wasn't looking for it". Guess what asshat, he should have been looking for it. My high school coach used to pay guards a buck each and every time they hit bigs in the head with a ball they werent looking for. If you aren't "looking for it" you have no business being out there. He's our leading 3 point shooter for christ sake, if he's open behind the arc he should be looking for the ball.

If you really thinkg Cougill should have been looking for that pass you have no idea what you are talking about. As a GOOD pg you know better than to throw a pass to a big man who is on the move not even looking at you that far away from the basket...that is just stupid BB. Sorry but that is a lick TO, same as the pass he tried to make when he had not even got to the half court line into a covered man, his TO even though they didn't give it to him. plus the fact in 3 straight possessions the kid he is covering scores 8 points, but yeah he doesn't hurt anything out there....he is only the worst player on the floor anytime he steps onto it.

If you really thinkg Cougill should have been looking for that pass you have no idea what you are talking about. As a GOOD pg you know better than to throw a pass to a big man who is on the move not even looking at you that far away from the basket...that is just stupid BB. Sorry but that is a lick TO, .

Cougill is a permiter player. He has good hands, ball skills, and a good shot. If he wants to have the 3 ball in his arsenal then he needs to be aware of where the ball is at all times when he is out there. We was stationary behind the arc and he had no idea where the ball was. Size has nothing to do with it. A big part of his game is spotting up for 3's and pick and pop behind the arc. He can't be oblivous to where the ball is.

But I'm glad you found a reason to blame that TO on Lick, good for you. I hope it makes you feel better.

Bingo...

If you really thinkg Cougill should have been looking for that pass you have no idea what you are talking about. As a GOOD pg you know better than to throw a pass to a big man who is on the move not even looking at you that far away from the basket...that is just stupid BB. Sorry but that is a lick TO, same as the pass he tried to make when he had not even got to the half court line into a covered man, his TO even though they didn't give it to him. plus the fact in 3 straight possessions the kid he is covering scores 8 points, but yeah he doesn't hurt anything out there....he is only the worst player on the floor anytime he steps onto it.

Lickliter got "credit" for only one turnover in the official stats, but he was directly responsible for 3 turnovers. May got credited with one when was forced to catch the ball right on the sideline due to a bad pass, and then the pass to Cougill when he wasn't looking at the ball out beyond the 3-point line. Cougill was just trying to get to the block to run the offense and the PG throws the ball at him when he's not looking? What is Cougill going to do with the ball even if he catches it there?

Contrary to some of the other bashers here, Lickliter has actually played better this year than I thought possible. I don't blame him for being overmatched and not looking like he doesn't belong. If he HAS to be a part of your rotation, then you have major, major issues in your program.

One of the other walk ons got a to and he didnt even play

I bet if we went back and looked JL has more TO's than he has been given

Latest posts