JoePa retiring? Who is on the short list?

I don't see it Scott - Bob has a legacy at this point to concern himself with and following the biggest legend in all of the sport is a risk for him. Mike - not as much.

Only one way to follow a legend: with another legend.
So, the one and only name that PSWho will consider is...
ronny mother-fudgin' zooker
/thread

Interesting.

DC Tom Bradley will be a candidate, as will DL coach Larry Johnson. No way McQueary (red headed assistant) is ready to be a head coach, especially at a big school like that. He's never even been a coordinator.

Fitz is a NW lifer. I don't see him ever leaving there, unless he gets hits by a bus (please God make it so).

Rutgers was AWFUL this year, so not sure how Schiano would get a serious look. They will certainly come after Kirk, but he makes too much $$$$ here and Brian has still has two more years as a starter.

Not sure they have too many appealing candidates left. Gruden? Harbaugh? Bill Cowher? How about Urban Meyer, LOL?

And really, who would want the job. Nobody will be able to fill JoePa's shoes. I'd give it to the DC or another assistant as a sacrificial lamb and then spend the next 2 years scouring the country looking for the savior to come in and clean up the mess.

Only one way to follow a legend: with another legend.
So, the one and only name that PSWho will consider is...
ronny mother-fudgin' zooker
/thread

No way does Zook walk away from Illinois, he put way too much blood, sweat, and tears into building it into what it is today.

Tom Bradley was interviewing for the Temple job heavily... conjecture in the article from other coaches is that if he was the heir to the job, no way does he go out looking for another job.

Latest posts