Joe Wieskamp, C.J. Fredrick Sign with Hawkeyes

Saw that. Wonder if that is a legit 6'7?
Hope so. If he gets up to over 200 by the time he makes it to campus that’s pretty good. The videos I’ve seen of him he certainly doesn’t shy away from going inside even if he is a lights out shooter.

For what it is worth, I talked with a close family member of his last year and she told me then that he was 6' 7". I don't know how much it really matters. He'll be a combo guard at Iowa. With all the bigs we have on this team, we don't need 6' 7" power forwards any longer.

Can't wait for Joe to arrive! A 4.0 GPA also, very impressive kid to represent your program. I appreciate how Fran not only gets some quality players, but also over 7 years has also recruited a lot of quality individuals to the program to represent our fine state. Easy to root for these guys.
Anyone know much about CJ?

For what it is worth, I talked with a close family member of his last year and she told me then that he was 6' 7". I don't know how much it really matters. He'll be a combo guard at Iowa. With all the bigs we have on this team, we don't need 6' 7" power forwards any longer.
I agree we aren’t looking for 6’7 power forwards but at 6’7 with a good frame he is a perfect fit as a 3 in Fran’s system.

I for one am never against bringing in more shooters as Fran has done with this class. Obviously Joe is much more than that and is a guy we hope will become an All-Conference player.

I guess my one concern at this point would be finding another guard with quickness. I’ve never been in the we need a “true PG” camp, however with the makeup of the team and recruits we have coming in, I do think it is imperative that we bring in at least one guard if not two in the 2019 & 2020 classes with some more speed. Hopefully that will be Carton, or one of the other guards Fran is in on whether it be at the PG or off guard.

I agree we aren’t looking for 6’7 power forwards but at 6’7 with a good frame he is a perfect fit as a 3 in Fran’s system.

I for one am never against bringing in more shooters as Fran has done with this class. Obviously Joe is much more than that and is a guy we hope will become an All-Conference player.

I guess my one concern at this point would be finding another guard with quickness. I’ve never been in the we need a “true PG” camp, however with the makeup of the team and recruits we have coming in, I do think it is imperative that we bring in at least one guard if not two in the 2019 & 2020 classes with some more speed. Hopefully that will be Carton, or one of the other guards Fran is in on whether it be at the PG or off guard.

Absolutely. We find a stud PG to go with these guys currently in the mix sky is the limit for this team.

Yeah, it always helps when you have guards that are slashers that can drive and kick it out too.

Latest posts