Joe Toussaint Headed to...

It'll be interesting what's their pg situation? He going to walk in and start right away? I just think he's a guy who the more mins he plays has a diminishing return aspect to it. 12-15 mins he can do great things. Stretch it out much more and expect him to hit open shots...

Defensively I think it's a perfect fit. Easy to see why Huggins probably put the full court press on to get him. It'll fun to keep tabs on him like Nunge who is coming back to Xavier next yr

I agree that I think it is a good fit for Joe. He is a bulldog on defense and is exactly the type of pg Huggins likes to have, except a little out of control on offense at times.

Out of the list that Rob posted, I will cheer on two of those guys at their new locations. The third one is a little too stinky for me to go for.

1649721754733.png

Even Joe could hit a layup between those tooths. We will have to tune into the clown games to cheer Joe on when they play them. From the above list, our guys are landing at power 5 schools. Even not to long ago Moss landed at Kansas.

Initial reaction is that seems like a good fit: up tempo all the time, open floor spacing, should suit his game very well. Go get 'em JT, and put up 30 vs the Cyclones!

WVU isn't uptempo. They are pretty average there and much slower than Iowa. They don't really press anymore either, honestly I don't know why. They play a pretty standard game now which I think hurts them. They were the worst team in the league last year IMO by a wide margin.

Happy for Joe. Hope he does well.

As for the transfers, I guess I would look at it this way. The kids Fran is recruiting are headed to the NBA, graduating after a successful career, or departing (mostly) amicably, and are landing on other Power 5 rosters and doing well. And don't forget Moss landed at KU. This just reinforces that Fran identifies talent as well as anyone and develops it. As we all know, there are over a 1000 kids in the portal this year. Transfers happen to everyone.

WV can't shoot or score and is more defensively focused, he'll bring more of that to the table for them. Good fit and good for Joe.

I thought he would end up close to home(Fordham, Iona or St.John). IMO, he is nothing more than a guy coming off the bench for about 12-15 minutes a game. Being in the portal right now is a game of musical chairs and I am glad Joe got a seat.

He will be a solid contributor to WVU . I hope WVU fans aren't expecting him to come in and be a 12 and 7 guy because he will not be.

I thought he would end up close to home(Fordham, Iona or St.John). IMO, he is nothing more than a guy coming off the bench for about 12-15 minutes a game. Being in the portal right now is a game of musical chairs and I am glad Joe got a seat.

He will be a solid contributor to WVU . I hope WVU fans aren't expecting him to come in and be a 12 and 7 guy because he will not be.
The closer to home angle worried me because I thought he might stay in conference and end up at Rutgers, Maryland or Penn State.

Especially Rutgers. He would have been a good fit there.

Latest posts